• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone find a great deal this weekend?

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was expecting to find at least a few decent men's ware sales here in Denver this weekend. I tried them all -- Neiman Marcus, Saks, Nordstroms, Dillards, Macy's, Andrisen Morton and Lawrence Covell to no avail. To me, a great sale begins at 50% off and goes down from there.

Anyone else find anything worth spending hard earned money on this weekend?

Twotone

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. Found a Canali sport coat marked down by 50% with another $100 off. After applying the store credit I had saved up, I'd have been an idiot not to buy it, so I did.
smile.gif
Will post pics when I get home. Also found some slim-fit strellson shirts for half price. Snapped up three. Finally, grabbed some casual (i.e. streetwear) leather shoes for 70% off.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See the Brooks Brothers xmas thread. And then there are those rich bastards who are all over the annual EG sale
devil.gif

jjjohn

Reaction score
got a pair of DH jeans with 70% off.

55% off on Bottega Veneta briefcase, wallet .

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
Two beautiful (8 / 10) 21yo girls, one hour, only $299
Don't worry, when you realize that the sex was nothing special for the price you paid, the ponytailed head pimp will do whatever it takes to make it right for you. Unless you decide to just get a refund on your virginity, that is.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Don't worry, when you realize that the sex was nothing special for the price you paid, the ponytailed head pimp will do whatever it takes to make it right for you. Unless you decide to just get a refund on your virginity, that is.

no pimp. i never meet w girls who have a bouncer w them.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I bought something at 100% of its retail price, and it was a fantastic deal.

A boudin blanc.

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I bought something at 100% of its retail price, and it was a fantastic deal.

A boudin blanc.

- B

For your bike shorts?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Corneliani suit 330ish

Two Samuelsohn suits 300ish each

There were some great eg shoes, but I passed based on the "sale" price point. I have a feeling there is going to be tons of "sales" / going out of business sales in 2009 - unfortunately, because I don't want anyone to lose their job or business.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
There will be a ton of sales in 2009 - excuse my previous english

You're wrong.

In 2009, nothing...absolutely nothing...will be on sale.

- B

ACDoyle

Reaction score
For the Southern Californians BH had a few good deals:
Saks has a few large (9.5 and up) Barker Blacks for around $300, one suede Kiton laceup for $900
and couple of JM Weston for $350 (large black bluchers)

Neiman Marcus has a few Lobbs (sizes 9.5 and up) going for between $450 -$ 600 (the prestige shoes on sale do not come with shoe trees) they have an additional 40% off sale items

RL had a EG suede boot for $625, but the place was picked clean of all the good stuff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads