• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone find a great deal this weekend?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
what's big and black??

If you look at the B&S forum, there are some good deals, better than the stores. Virtualclotheshorse.com is having a killer sale right now

Yes, I agree - the online sales are much better than the stores!

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, but nothing compares to being able to see, touch, and try on clothing before purchase. I'm not confident enough yet to buy stuff online when it might mean spending a few hundred on something that doesn't fit or doesn't actually go with anything in my wardrobe.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Fair enough, but nothing compares to being able to see, touch, and try on clothing before purchase. I'm not confident enough yet to buy stuff online when it might mean spending a few hundred on something that doesn't fit or doesn't actually go with anything in my wardrobe.

go with a company with easy, inexpensive/free return policy and free shipping to you.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Cette saucisse doit être grande et noire.

- B

Je pensais que tu fusses blanc. Je ne savais pas que tu eusses un saucisson, et peut-etre, un pere noir. Je m'excuse.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
go with a company with easy, inexpensive/free return policy and free shipping to you.
Would that I lived in the states. Here you pay absurd duties on every package from outside the country (twice if you send any back) and most companies only offer credit on returns. If you know of any Canada-friendly American/English corporations or Canadian retailers with generous ordering policies, please let me know.

yo!

Reaction score
Je suis impressive parce-que je peux ecrire en francais aussi.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

vince321

Reaction score
Six suits over the last two months. Two Sammys, three Hickey's and one Sartorio with a mean price of right around $300. The deals were out there and they were quite nice if a person took the time to search.

Very happy with all the purchases and will continue to buy suits if they stay at this price level.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey guys, i'm new here. i wanted to chime in with my contribution:

Saks 5th in Boca Raton FL and Off 5th in Sawgrass Mills had a few Oxxford suits in 42R-44R

Saks Boca has a blue-gray Kiton 42R for something like $800-900 after markdowns

Ferragamo outlet in Sawgrass Mills has a few pairs of Tramezza Nostros in dark brown suede for $339

Neiman Marcus SF had some John Lobb Tamar and Lopez for around $500

pretty much every Saks in South FL had a boatload of Charvet and Brioni ties for under $50, and Kiton ties for about $70

Ralph Lauren in Bal Harbour has a few RLBL suits for $560

sbrneu

Reaction score
Brown Testoni cap toe Bals with leather sole for $120 at Saks.

Solid tan Hickey Freeman Madison suit at Off 5th for $180.

Brown antiqued Testoni tasseled loafers for $100 at Neiman Last Call.

Saks Houston had many Hickey Freeman sportcoats for ~$240, and suits from $320-400 in 42/44R, but the wife has banned any more suit/sportcoat purchases.

butkusrules

Reaction score
Oxxford Tuxedo marked down from 3999 to a little over 1050 at Saks.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been into a store since Christmas. I may stop in San Francisco on Wednesday but I imagine everything will be picked over. But you never know. Sometimes there are late returns and if you just happen to be at the right place at the right time, bingo!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Je pensais que tu fusses blanc. Je ne savais pas que tu eusses un saucisson, et peut-etre, un pere noir. Je m'excuse.

Le noir est de la meurtrissure constante.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads