• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone fed up with intermittent fasting?

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After experimenting with IF on and off for about a year (1 or 2 twenty four hour fasts per week) I think I've concluded that whatever weight lost doing IF is really just short term. Even though during that time I (embarrassingly) became a staunch supporter of it, I really never had the same success as when I was eating 6 smaller meals per day. It's almost as if I can feel the difference in my metabolism, it really does seem like it slows down doing fasting. I think all the multi meal stuff and how it affects metabolism really is true, or it somehow speeds up your rate of digestion or some other mysterious mechanism that really makes it work. I really do think the body does go into 'preservation' mode much faster than IF dogma suggests. Also I think fasting actually encourages you to make more bad decisions food wise. If you eat 6 smaller meals a day, it somehow seems to encourage good decisions. I can't explain it. To me it's proof that weight loss is really more than simply creating a calorie deficit. I created around a 25%-30% decrease in calories from IF, but my results were mediocre at best. It really is how you eat. So I've ended my fasting experimentation. Doesn't work for me. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I fast intermittently from 3-4 hours at a time, but after that I get hungry again.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did not even know that this was a "thing"
confused.gif
I am so sheltered from the real world.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think IF for weight loss is stupid.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IF isn't magic, it just tosses out the idea of meal timing. Sorry you're fat.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
IF isn't magic, it just tosses out the idea of meal timing. Sorry you're fat.

I'm not fat, but you sure as hell are. I still remember that hilarious picture you posted of yourself shirtless.

laugh.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
I'm not fat, but you sure as hell are. I still remember that hilarious picture you posted of yourself shirtless.
laugh.gif

Which one would that be? Stop being fat.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Which one would that be? Stop being fat.

You know, the one of you looking like a hilarious looking twat striking a pose in your bathroom? The one where we finally saw your one pack and flabby man boobs? Too bad I didn't save that one. **** was epic. Maybe someone else saved it.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fasting seems like way more trouble than it's worth. The formula for losing weight is pretty damn easy: Eat 500 calories below maintenance every day until you hit your goal.

Also Lance, if you think the person in that picture is fat you have some very real psychological body-image hangups.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Not that one...post the other one that was funnier. (You really are way to flabby to be giving the advice you give on this forum. I'd expect you to be around 6-8% bodyfat with the tone of your posts.)

Okay *****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics