1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

anyone familliar with Tallia's ORANGE line?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by otacon, Jan 3, 2011.

1. otacon

otacon Senior member

One of my Macy's is having a sale--jackets at around $130, 3piece, wool-cashmere suits for $200. Very tempting,but I'm a stinker for higher armholes and i'm afraid these seemed too low.is there anything really outstanding about these that I should learn to deal with the shoulders for,given the price? Or does anyone know if theres a way to make the shoulders a little more, shall we say, flexible?

2. otacon

otacon Senior member

So, it's over a year later now and I'm kicking myself a little bit for not getting the glen plaid, wool and cashmere suit.

I'm also having a very hard time even finding these things. Anyone know where I can find past-styles?

3. TheCountryGent

TheCountryGent New Member

I'm a big fan of Tallia. Every now and then they seem to have some cracking sport coats and blazers, and for me personally they fit incredibly well for something off-the-rack (people have mistaken them for MTM garments). Your best bet for Tallia past styles are discount 'members only' clothing websites like Gilt or MyHabit - I've seen Tallia items come up for sale on these sites very, very frequently. I am curious about your preference for higher armholes though. To be honest, I've never given armholes much consideration, nor have I ever thought my Tallia jackets have particularly 'low' armholes. Is there a certain reason for your preference?

4. otacon

otacon Senior member

It's actually a pretty typical complaint for off the rack purchases. Off the rack stuff generally has armholes made to fit large arms comfortably. But lowering the armhole that much to accomodate larger arms/to avoid it being constricting on larger men means a lack of range in motion, because you end up pulling up on the sides of the suit, where the armhole starts.