1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Familiar with Ralph Lauren (Purple Label) Sartorial Line?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rebel222, Jan 25, 2012.

1. NORE

NORE Senior member

Swhy I started this thread

2. jefferyd

jefferyd Senior member Dubiously Honored

Was about to reply to quadcammer but did it in the other thread.

Got a NWT RLPL made by Caruso last night from Virtual Clothes Horse for dissection. Retail $4600. It's a pretty nice garment- will be chopping it up soon, probably not til next weekend.

1 person likes this.
  3. NORE

NORE Senior member

Need link :)

Also, if you get around to chopping up a mainline Polo/Corneliani suit please.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  4. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

i'm guessing this is a made to measure piece that didn't turn out like they wanted so they tagged it and sent it to the outlets.

5. jefferyd

Not much to see there.

Bingo. Actually, it was the retailer that ate it.

6. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

You don't seem to be the biggest fan of Polo line of suits, which is fine. They're half-canvassed, etc. However, some of their models have a great fit/cut at a great price. If you treat it nicely, value wise, Polo has some great stuff. I probably have about 10-15 Polo pieces. I love the styling, fit/cut, and price points. To a tailor, however, I'm sure it's not much to write about.

7. jefferyd

It's not that. On my blog I try to dissect interesting garments from which I can learn something or see something which was done particularly well from a technical perspective. Absolutely nothing to do with styling, value, branding or anything; there are enough "fashion" blogs out there already. Mine's for nerds only.

8. NORE

NORE Senior member

We'd still like to see a PRL suit probed in depth, tho. :)

Heck, I may even send you one of mine.

9. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Plenty of used ones on the 'Bay for cheap.

10. NORE

NORE Senior member

Link (to both American and Italian made ones)

Thx.

11. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Srlsy? Type "Polo suit" and toggle the "pre-owned" box

12. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

It's a Ralph Lauren line that apparently came out in the fall of 2010, featuring more handwork (and higher prices) than the rest of Purple Label: http://robbreport.com/Fashion/The-House-that-Ralph-Built Does anyone know what happened to it, or if it will continue?

I picked up one of the Sartorial ties last week at a RL retail store on sale. The original price was $255, or $40 - $60 higher than the mainline RLPL ties. The tie is four fold, with much more of the shell fabric folded into the interior. An older mid-2000s, made-in-Italy RLPL tie that I have is an ordinary 3 fold. The lining is also black, instead of the usual purple, and it has two small tags on the back, one saying "Sartorial" and the other "Made by Hand."

I've never seen any Sartorial suits, jackets, or shirts though. Has anyone tried them on?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  13. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

where did you pick it up then, in the Mansion?

14. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

<deleted double post>

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  15. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

The Boston store on Newbury St. I didn't see anything else from the Sartorial line, as far as I could tell.

16. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

Here's a bit more information about the Purple Label Sartorial Collection. Not sure if it's still around, but suits were priced at $7995 retail, shirts at $695 in 2010. Of course, many people would prefer top level bespoke at that price, but granted that, has anyone seen the Sartorial Collection in person? .

"Customers’ options have expanded this fall with the introduction of the Purple Label Sartorial Collection, which is inspired by the traditions of London’s Savile Row, where tailors make each garment by hand one stitch at a time. While two of the suits in the collection will be available off the rack, the company will offer 16 other Sartorial suits through its made-to-measure program. All Sartorial suits require up to 30 hours to complete."

[​IMG]

Source: http://robbreport.com/Fashion/The-House-that-Ralph-Built#sthash.ztdXLbE3.dpuf

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013