• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anyone ever purchased from topshelfapparel on ebay?

MysteryV

Reaction score
As an update, Topshelfapparel wrote me an insincere note saying "Sorry that happened, do you want to buy the other suit?" After I responded that I didn't appreciate the way he handled the deal and would not be doing business with him in the future he wrote "Okay, your loss. Next time you should be more decisive instead of waiting to buy."

This is not the response of a classy individual committed to customer satisfaction or repeat business. Can you imagine someone at Nordstrom saying something like that?

I'm glad many of your purchases went smoothly in the past, however I'll be steering clear of Topshelfapparel in the future, and recommend others do the same.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've purchased many items from them. All were genuine and never had a single issue.

sheranf

Reaction score
Numerous flawless transactions over several years. No false notes, ever. Not the cheapest but he's a go-to eBay seller for me.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't normally get involved in online debates but a customer emailed me about a recent post in this thread.

The poster MysteryV sent an eBay message on Nov 19th asking for a better price on two suits. On Nov 28th he was ready to pull the trigger on one and the buy-it-now price on a Zegna suit was lowered to the agreed upon number. In the time between the price change and when he went to purchase, someone else used BIN on the suit. He was understandably disappointed, but I'm obligated to sell the suit to whoever buys and pays first.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't normally get involved in online debates but a customer emailed me about a recent post in this thread.

The poster MysteryV sent an eBay message on Nov 19th asking for a better price on two suits. On Nov 28th he was ready to pull the trigger on one and the buy-it-now price on a Zegna suit was lowered to the agreed upon number. In the time between the price change and when he went to purchase, someone else used BIN on the suit. He was understandably disappointed, but I'm obligated to sell the suit to whoever buys and pays first.

That solves that mystery.

alpinewhite

Reaction score
@VMan

Can you explain why after purchasing 3 jackets from you, I received wall of silence after numerous emails and PMs on eBay? Was planning to purchase more and just curious if my money was no good...

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@VMan

Can you explain why after purchasing 3 jackets from you, I received wall of silence after numerous emails and PMs on eBay? Was planning to purchase more and just curious if my money was no good...

Were you messaging me here or through eBay? I log into styleforum once a year or less but check email constantly. Shoot me an email or ebay message if you want to chat.

The only time we block someone is for misusing returns, sending a barrage of lowball offers, or for fraudulent activity.

Last edited:

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Were you messaging me here or through eBay? I log into styleforum once a year or less but check email constantly. Shoot me an email or ebay message if you want to chat.

The only time we block someone is for misusing returns, sending a barrage of lowball offers, or for fraudulent activity.

ranchsooner

Reaction score
I have bought a number of items from TSA over the last year, and have returned a few as well, and they have been outstanding to deal with each and every time.

alpinewhite

Reaction score

Via email, eBay, here.... I just sent another email hopefully can resume business. Never did any of the things you mentioned above

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if anybody had a bad experience with Top Shelf. He's basically one of the best sellers of tailored clothing on ebay.

I've ordered from him in the past and will continue to do so. The only (very minor) issue I had was with an item where the measurements were slightly off. He offered free, no hassle return.

Iwest

Reaction score
I too have had nothing but great experiences buying from TSA - roughly 10 items bought so far and they've all been beyond great (and authentic). Had to return one shirt due to sizing, which went very smoothly. Surprised to see the negative comments here - FWIW, they're my top menswear eBayer.

dnw1973

Reaction score
I have had many very positive experiences with TSA - several suits and sports coats shipped over the years to Canada without a hitch. Never had a problem and had consistent very good service. Definitely my go-to eBayer for buying menswear.

IChen

Reaction score
Him and NyMilan(?) or whatever name, are both great!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads