• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anyone ever purchased from topshelfapparel on ebay?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes - I've purchased a couple of shirts, a couple of suits and a pair of shoes over the past 18 months. The seller (who is a member here, with the handle of "VMan") is good to deal with - prompt communication and very rapid shipping.

He's not necessarily the cheapest seller on eBay but I have found him to be very trustworthy and good to deal with. Also, he provides excellent descriptions and photos, so you know that you're not going to end up with any unpleasant surprises when you receive the items.

eighteennine

Reaction score
I have bought from him too, easy, smooth transaction - recommendable.

snake69

Reaction score
yes - an Isaia suit that is just gorgeous. Also have purchased ties. There's a reason they have such high customer satisfaction ratings - buy with absolute and complete confidence- you will not be disappointed. I buy almost 100% of cloths on internet and this guy is tops.

bobsmiths

Reaction score
I just purchased with this seller "TOPSHELFAPPAREL" after reading posts on the internet like these.

After 5 hours of wear of supposedly "genuine TOD'S" shoes, the soles are coming off. The seller has wiped his hands clean of them and wants nothing to do with them.

BE VERY WEARY ABOUT THIS SELLER, I WILL NEVER PURCHASE AGAIN FROM THEM.

andrel42

Reaction score
I have bought many many suits from TopShelfApparel and always been very pleased! Surprised to read the post above ?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two very odd first posts.....

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very odd to hear about the shoes. I've bought plenty from Topshelf Apparel and have never been disappointed. Everything was authentic and as described.

alpinewhite

Reaction score
+1 for good products, hard to communicate with.

Last edited:

Ajp92

Reaction score
Absolutely terrible service. This is the first time ever reviewing a product that I've purchased. I feel obligated after my horrible experience with this seller. After more than 2 weeks of purchasing a pair of underwear and no tracking information, I emailed the designated email and received a response the next day (the only positive) claiming that each product is made and tailored for each individual purchase and I will receive the information once shipped. It is a very basic pair of underwear which requires zero personalization and I have yet to receive any sort of update or information and it has now been three weeks. I will never recommend or buy from top shelf apparel again.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely terrible service. This is the first time ever reviewing a product that I've purchased. I feel obligated after my horrible experience with this seller. After more than 2 weeks of purchasing a pair of underwear and no tracking information, I emailed the designated email and received a response the next day (the only positive) claiming that each product is made and tailored for each individual purchase and I will receive the information once shipped. It is a very basic pair of underwear which requires zero personalization and I have yet to receive any sort of update or information and it has now been three weeks. I will never recommend or buy from top shelf apparel again.

Competitor?

No one joins simply on the off chance there is a thread on this firm and the resurrects one which has seen one post in five years.

Marsay

Reaction score
Yes (eBay seems to be one of the few places you can get hold of RL Preston trousers these days).

As someone said, the prices are a little steep for a ragtag bunch of stuff that presumably a shop couldn't sell.

MysteryV

Reaction score
I actually had a pretty bad experience with TOPSHELFAPPAREL as well, but of a different variety. He and I had been negotiating for both an Oxxford and a Zegna suit. Eventually we reached an agreement on the Zegna, and when I asked him to send me a private offer, he publicly changed the price. By the time I got home to make the purchase, the suit had sold.

From a business standpoint I get it, but I'd argue it's penny-wise, pound foolish. The suit in question had been on his shelf for quite some time, and our conversations were the reason the suit sold. It's like negotiating for the last car at a dealership, reaching an agreement, and having somebody walk by and say "I'll take it" (after you), and the seller giving them the car.

There were many things he could have done, including:
- Cancel the sale
- Offer a better deal on the other suit we were negotiating on
- APOLOGIZE

Instead, he offered to let me know if the buyer returned it.

Again, I can't speak for whether or not his items are genuine. I can't speak to shipping time. But if this is how he handled his first interaction with a new customer interested in buying several of his items, I feel I can speak to his professionalism.

At the end of the day I'm just bummed as I was looking forward to the suit.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Competitor?

No one joins simply on the off chance there is a thread on this firm and the resurrects one which has seen one post in five years.

Also, when did he ever sell underwear???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads