• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone Ever Order Anything from NewEgg.com?

SystemShock

Reaction score
How are these guys, anyone know?
eh.gif
I ask because they have an a pretty farking great deal going on an HDTV I want (a 46" Samsung 6 Series, for $1349 after MIR), and I have no idea if these guys are legit or shady. I've certainly heard the name for years, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm more comfortable with Amazon, with whom I'm familiar and have had good experiences. But if NewEgg really is good, well, dah-yum, that's a great price.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SystemShock
eh.gif

I ask because they have an a pretty farking great deal going on an HDTV I want (a 46" Samsung 6 Series, for $1349 after MIR), and I have no idea if these guys are legit or shady.

I've certainly heard the name for years, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I'm more comfortable with Amazon, with whom I'm familiar and have had good experiences. But if NewEgg really is good, well, dah-yum, that's a great price.

my experience with them has been solid. i've never bought anything over $200 from them, though.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've spent thousands of dollars at newegg in the past 6-8 years or so. They are a completely legit company...there are a few large pictoral articles out there detailing their awesome supply chain and warehouse systems that make them able to be the fastest and best online electronics retailer.

For computer stuff I always buy newegg first (often without checking prices elsewhere since they are often the best), especially over amazon. That being said, while I have had large orders, I have never had a single item that is either that expensive or that physical size. No reason to see why it wouldnt come to you with as high a level of service as my computer parts though...

huy

Reaction score
I've shopped there several times and they are a very reputable retailer and great to deal with. http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Newegg They used to have the best prices a long time ago but not now, it pays to shop around. Their shipping is a bit on the expensive side. They are a California based retailer so you will have to pay taxes on everything you buy.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
Yup. good to go. They are also very secure and have almost annoyingly compitant security practices. I had tried to order a hard drive a while back and they cancelled my order because I had used a credit card with an out of date mailing address. Annoying, but good that they caught that.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're good, when they sold to me. A few years ago, they stopped delivering goods to my previous apartment because of alledged theft. I called and asked them to make an exception, or deliver to a different address for me. They wouldn't obliged. So, I haven't bought anything from them since.

But yeah, other than that, the company is legit.

mikej77

Reaction score
I have bought a few electronics from them and have never had any issues.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bought lots of stuff from them, they are legit.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newegg is probably still the premier place for computing electronics and by extension, other gadgetry online. Customer service is also fantastic. Go for it.

Pylon

Reaction score
Did a lot of price searching last year for computer accessories and found most of the best deals for solid, reliable products (not the cheapie kind that fall apart after 2 uses) were at NewEgg. I ordered a couple hundred dollars of things like laser printers, and a $2k LCD projector and have been very happy with everything. I got exactly what I ordered, and they perform exactly as I expected them to. Shipping was very prompt, too.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SystemShock
eh.gif

I ask because they have an a pretty farking great deal going on an HDTV I want (a 46" Samsung 6 Series, for $1349 after MIR), and I have no idea if these guys are legit or shady.

I've certainly heard the name for years, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I'm more comfortable with Amazon, with whom I'm familiar and have had good experiences. But if NewEgg really is good, well, dah-yum, that's a great price.

I have ordered from them many times. The items are always delivered as promised and shipping is quick.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Another vote for NewEgg. Ordered parts for my last PC build almost exclusively from NewEgg. Everything showed up as promised, and fast.

I should be upgrading my Athlon 64 (socket 939) system in a year or so ....
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads