• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone ever hear of EuroTailors.com?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks legit but I've never dealt with them and payment is via wire transfer.

Thoughts?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On-line tailor from Hong Kong. What can go wrong here?

:lurk:

OT:

Why is it most HK tailors seem to use exactly the same style guide from the 1980s?

Could just imagine the dude using a Nokia Mobira Cityman cellphone.

Last edited:

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hah well I would like to remind you there are a lot of online tailors from the East. Including SF fav Luxire.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hah well I would like to remind you there are a lot of online tailors from the East. Including SF fav Luxire.

I know about Luxire. But I got the idea from SF that pretty much any HK tailor other than WW Chan or Gordon Yao, could very well end up in a sartorial disaster. Although I have my own HK favourite that I usually use for shirts.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can find no reference to them I would suggest avoiding unless you want ton be the guinea pig with all the pitfalls that are likely from such a sweat shop

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OT:

Why is it most HK tailors seem to use exactly the same style guide from the 1980s?

Probably because those are all the images they can find on line to copy. Creating their own is very rare.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably because those are all the images they can find on line to copy. Creating their own is very rare.

It's not just on-line, many HK tailors seem to have the same printed catalogue of those rather dated images as well. It's like style ideas circa 1987 or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads