• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone ever hear of Cobbler Union?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quick photo of trying my new boots on at the office that I got from the Instagram sale. Fit great. UC has done a nice job with their last choices.

@europrep Do your boots have a sole like the one pictured on the site (below)? I mean, that looks insane - like an extreme waist fiddling of some sort. Is it really like that or is the pic playing games or maybe the sole is painted in a way that it appears exaggerated?

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@europrep Do your boots have a sole like the one pictured on the site (below)? I mean, that looks insane - like an extreme waist fiddling of some sort. Is it really like that or is the pic playing games or maybe the sole is painted in a way that it appears exaggerated?

Yes, that is the sole I have. It is fiddle, but the picture makes it a bit more extreme. I will try and take a picture this weekend.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This question wasn't to me but I had my old pictures handy. I think that the way it's painted probably has something to do with it but it's close.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, those pics tell the story a bit better. The first one definitely looks like the promo pic in that the sole painting seems to dramatize the curves a bit more than the second picture which seems to better capture reality.

Still, very good looking shoes all around!

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I recieved my new CU MTO, a pair of black LWB that are among my top 10 shoes.

Last year I was looking for a pair of black LWB that could be suitable for jeans and cords, that could be a good "travel shoe", that means : very comfortable, that could recieve some rain, that could be cozy after running a half marathon, that could walk into a pub and handle some drinks but could also allow me to walk in a nice shoe store without feeling shy.

My options where the LWB under McNairy or Thom Browne brand; didn't thought about Cobbler Union because CU's lasts are quite slim, and not too suitable for the kind of shoe I had in mind. I contacted Daniel and he told me that CU recently had developéd a new last named Inman (after the place where CU's brick and mortar store is located in Atlanta). He told me that the last was wider and could be suitable for what I needed.

Knowing Cobbler Union quality and interested in the new last I requested :

- Longwing Bluchers
- 360 welt
- Black Pebble grain
- Purpule linning
- Vibram Gumlite sole
- Pulling tab

I have already used them with jeans and chinos, they feel like a firm and gentle handshake, I am sure they will enjoy lots of miles and pubs, my Barbour International has found a close friend.

And here they are :

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't care for Longwings but that is a very good looking shoe. The pebble grain is especially nice. Good job!

Trqmaster

Reaction score
Looks great! I like that the leathers they use are slightly thicker then other brands. Makes them feel more robust. Might just be because of the pebble grain vs. smooth.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is/was Norman Vilalta the designer and co-founder behind this brand ?. They appear to be top quality shoes, but here are almost unknown.

Trqmaster

Reaction score
Info from: https://www.fundable.com/cobbler-union

CEO Daniel Porcelli
Prior to Cobbler Union, Daniel was an investor and CEO for a boutique bespoke shoemaking company based in Barcelona, Spain. Raised in Argentina’s Patagonian region, Daniel moved to the United States when he was 18 to attend college. Before venturing into the world of luxury shoemaking, Daniel had a successful business career, part of which was spent as a Partner at Gallup consulting (2003-2011) where he developed and led multi-year consulting projects in the US, Latin America, and Europe. Daniel has also worked for multi-national giants Unilever and Prudential. Daniel earned his MBA from the Goizueta Business School at Emory University and a BA in Economics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Daniel currently lives in Atlanta, GA with his wife and two children.

COO Santiago Pereiro
Prior to starting Cobbler Union, Santiago was an investor and COO at a boutique bespoke shoemaking company based in Barcelona, Spain. Santiago is a passionate entrepreneur and an expert in the luxury leisure sector. He holds a degree in Industrial Engineering from the prestigious Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires (ITBA). Before becoming an entrepreneur, Santiago worked in strategic planning at Techint, on of Argentina’s largest industrial conglomerates. In 2001, he launched Terra Sur—Trip Ideas, a firm specialized in custom-made luxury travel solutions. He sold the company in 2010 to pursue bespoke shoemaking full-time. Santiago lives in Barcelona where he oversees European operations for Cobbler Union.

Cordwainer Miquel Arenas.
Miquel has dedicated his life to the craft of shoe making and is one of the world’s few remaining true bespoke master shoemakers. Miquel had worked with Cobbler Union founders, Daniel Porcelli and Santiago Pereiro, on a previous shoemaking venture and decided to join the Cobbler Union team in early 2014. Miquel lives in Barcelona where he oversees production, quality control, and Cobbler Union’s made-to-order program.

This was when they started. Not sure if it is the same today.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some decent shine on my Cobbler union William II's.

Last edited:

Trqmaster

Reaction score
They are well made especially for the price. They use good leathers. Mine broke in very quickly and are one of the most comfortable shoes I have. Try them out. I'm sure you will be happy. At this price point, it is a good value. Also, you can ask and they sometimes do have deals. I think if you ask while they have someone available on their chat, they give you $20 off or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads