Anyone ever hear of Cobbler Union?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by forseti6, Mar 7, 2014.

1. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Just discovered this brand on IG like 5 minutes ago so naturally I came hear to read reviews. Man those Louis boots look good and I am the market for a split toe shoe.

2. zamalek19

zamalek19 New Member

hey guys,

Any updates on if the shoes have stood the test of time? Curious to know how they fare in the long run.

thanks

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

3. Merchiston

Merchiston Active Member

Have not had my boots that long and have only worn them half a dozen times but they are holding up fine. The vibram sole appears more robust than I had initially thought it would.

4. JUAN MANUEL

JUAN MANUEL Senior member

I have just recieved a pair of Alex MTO from Cobbler Union. I was looking for a pair of black calf longwings that I could use with a suit. I love the look and presence of a pair of gunboats (Church´s Grafton my favourite), but for my taste, they are not the best option with a super 100´s suit, somehow the heft of the gunboats do not match the light nature of a super 100's suit.

So I contact Daniel at Cobbler Union and suggested that their longwings named Alex, that are soled with rubber (similar to Dainite), shoud use leather soles. Inmediatley he informed that my request could be fullfiled by their MTO program so I pulled the trigger. Daniel also suggested using deep red linning and I accepted. Since I have a pair of Francis dub monks I was confident about the outcome.

Well, the shoes arrived and I am very very happy with them, the fit is perfect, the leather is on top, the shape and weight was what I was specting and the red quilted linning is beautiful. They are signed by the man that made them, Migui. I am waiting for the arrival of a pair of Louis boots and will ask for another pair of Alex in brown.

Cobbler Union´s shoes quality is very good, the construction is made with attention to detail, the design is modern but respecting the elegance of a classic shoe; but most importantly, they are nice people to deal with, open to new ideas and who enjoy giving slight twists to their products. Highly recomended.

By the way, I am not related in any way to Cobbler Union, I am a happy a owner of Church's, C&J, Loake, AE, AS, Cheaney who enjoys polishing shoes as a stress therapy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014

5. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Thanks for your review sir. How long did it take to receive your MTOs from the time of ordering till delivery? And was there an upcharge?

6. JUAN MANUEL

Hello

It took around two months and a half, the parcel was delivered by USPS on my request to my house in Peru. I think that the shipping took 3 weeks. Contact Daniel Porcelli through their website, he will be very helpful.

Good luck.

7. SammyJ826

SammyJ826 New Member

Now that you guys have had some experience with these, maybe put a few hours/miles in them, how do you guys feel? Also, anyone care to refer me?

cheers,
    S

8. JUAN MANUEL

Sammy

So far, the Alex MTO and the Francis I own behave very well, very comfortable. For me was impresive the no breaking in time needed. Still waiting for the Louis boots. Contact Daniel at their website he will be of great help. Good luck.

9. LoKey

LoKey Senior member

Just saw that they have a Black Friday sale going on. You have to sign up for their email newsletters and you get instant access. Some items are 30% others are 20% off. Free shipping and returns.

10. MRMstl

MRMstl Senior member

Damn! Wish I would have seen that...

anyone have any new updates to add?

11. europrep

europrep Senior member

Thanks to @LoKey for telling me about the Instagram sale. Kopped a pair of boots. I'll upload some pics once they arrive.

12. LoKey

LoKey Senior member

I was able to pick up a pair of Louis boots after emailing with Daniel. He generously offered a discount on cyber Monday even though it wasn't a part of the deals offered. It's en route and I'll post pics too when it arrives.

13. JUAN MANUEL

Hello

I recieved the Louis boots a couple of weeks ago, they are wonderful, as you can see is a split toe blucher boot. It uses a Gumlite by Vibram sole that looks like Dainite but is much lighter and comfortable, only time will tell if it's more durable.

As usual with Cobbler Union shoes, no break in time needed. They go great with chinos and jeans. You can see pictures of their "maiden voyage", will come back to report how the sole behaves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. europrep

europrep Senior member

Quick photo of trying my new boots on at the office that I got from the Instagram sale. Fit great. UC has done a nice job with their last choices.

[​IMG]

15. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Nice! How would you say the quality of leather is in comparison to other brands?