Anyone else watching Rockstar?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Matt, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

haha....well he's a great singer. Don't know if his look is sussed enuff for my kinda band.

Now Storm Large....I'd let her front in anyway she'd like.

and she wasnt the best singer but I thought Patrice Pike was really cute

2. someoneNew

someoneNew Senior member

It was definitely the time for Patrice to get the boot - she is just too limited in her singing. I think I heard one good scream out of her in the entire show. I'd think Storm is probably the next one out.

3. wpeters

wpeters Senior member

yeah, why did newstead leave metallica anyway?
    Several reasons, not least of which was his desire to make records at a faster clip, and his desire to play with bands other than Metallica. The latter did not go over well with Hetfield and Ulrich.

4. Matt

Matt ex-m@Triate

wow, good show tonight

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

yea totally. they really tore it up this round. But I think my hottie Storm is gonna get the boot this evening...

6. someoneNew

someoneNew Senior member

yea totally. they really tore it up this round. But I think my hottie Storm is gonna get the boot this evening...

Completely agree, and the sad part is she did well. The group is really up there in talent now and it's going to be interesting to see a "bottom three" because they all are good. Storm has been impressive because she gets songs that she says are hard for her vocally and then executes them very well (Aerosmith, Bowie, and now Evanescence). Gilby liked Jill's version better than Storms!?

So Dilana says shes from Texas but sounds like she's from Aussie or UK... anyone know?

What was with Newsteds comment towards Ryan and only being able to perform behind the piano!? Uhh did he miss Ryans original song where he rocked it while playing guitar - and he had by far the best original material.

Anyway fun stuff, I could sure do w/o all the "reality show BS drama" but that's what the Americanos want to see.

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I think Dilana's accent is her cultural one...she's some kind of middle-easterner right? Yea, Newsted's comment was off....it's like he just saw the beginning and went the bathroom during the rest of the song. I wasnt too into Toby's Billy Idol...didnt do it for me.

8. justlurkingthanks

justlurkingthanks Senior member

Yeah, Storm got boned last night. And not just in my imagination.

9. Matt

Matt ex-m@Triate

Dilana sounds like a SAffer to me, but yeah its an unusual accent. Definitely not Australian.

I think Storm deserved the boot based on last night, she wasnt bad, but I thought basically everyone else blew her away. But the 'Tommyhawk' (*shudder*) fell on Ryan. I thought he was awesome last night.

Think there may have been some gender considerations in there, maybe they didnt want to narrow it to one chick with a few weeks to spare, and knew that if Storm stayed, Ryan was - in all probability - the next to go.

10. someoneNew

someoneNew Senior member

Dilana sounds like a SAffer to me, but yeah its an unusual accent. Definitely not Australian. I think Storm deserved the boot based on last night, she wasnt bad, but I thought basically everyone else blew her away. But the 'Tommyhawk' (*shudder*) fell on Ryan. I thought he was awesome last night. Think there may have been some gender considerations in there, maybe they didnt want to narrow it to one chick with a few weeks to spare, and knew that if Storm stayed, Ryan was - in all probability - the next to go.
    Yeah, I'm disappointed Ryan got the boot too. He seemed to always sing with some serious emotion. If Storm went last night I would've figured Toby or Ryan would be next, and I figure one of them will go next week. BTW, what's a SAffer? Sauidi Arabian?

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

shocking. I thought final 3 would be Lukas, Ryan, Dilana

my guess is Storm will get furthur than Toby...they must like the sex appeal she provides

12. Matt

Matt ex-m@Triate

SAffer = South African

the road out as I see it....

next week = exit Storm
    week after = exit Toby
    week after = exit Magni

Final = Dilana vs Lukas

Winner....dunno....Lukas maybe.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I saw Ryan winning because he LOOKS like he's already a part of that band....Magni and Lukas look like they should be in other bands. I'm not convinced they will pick a girl to front Supernova.

But I agree that it looks like a Dilana vs Lukas final.

14. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

I think at the beginning of the show, Dilana said she grew up in SA

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

These people seem more talented than the American Idol dross.