• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else NOT have a blackberry/I-POD?

Adam_Lee

Reaction score
I've had an iPod for a couple of years, I love it for the type of work I do (farming with a little lawn maintanence on the side). I've had a very basic cell phone since about 2002, but a new android based phone is scheduled to arrive Friday. Frankly I'm looking forward to it and my wife is very excited about hers.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
I have a sony ericsson z750a flip phone (GSM + UTMS), it suits my needs and fits in my front pocket even if i'm wearing tight jeans. I have a data plan and only use it to kill time while waiting for food at a restaurant. I don't text, nor do many of my friends.

I'd like to have a phone with a qwerty keypad..... but all of them are too clunky.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have or need a data plan, but I did use my phone to browse the internet once or twice when I was away from a computer. I have the enV Touch. I use it more as a media player than a phone, though, since when I got it I also upgraded my car's head unit to a bluetooth-ready one. I use the phone to play music through the car speakers, and can take calls through the car speakers as well.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add, I had a phone T-Mobile prepaid plan before that was great. I didn't use it for phone calls very often, paying maybe $10-15 per month on average, and had free access to CNN/ABC/ESPN news, so I'd always have something to read during breaks at work and could check stock quotes.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cellphone: yes (but rarely use)
blackberry: no
ipod: yes (nano that my brother gave me already loaded. have used a couple of times but don't like it)

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have an ipod which i use everyday for at least an hour.

ive never had a blackberry/iphone or any phone which can connect to the internet. in fact ive had the same cell phone for close to 8 years now. i hardly use it and it is nearly indestructible. it is named the war vet.

zillka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
Got a blackberry and an ipod but no TV.
i have tv, never turn it on except for background noise to break the awkward after sex silence while they put on their clothes and talk about the weather before they head out only reason to watch are for big games which are usually done at our favorite watering hole only 2 blocks up from our apt oh and i have a bberry, required for work and lame.. do not want

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
so why have one now?

Confluence of factors, but mainly having googlemaps at the touch of a finger.

- old phone broke, wanted new phone
- I barely use the phone for calling, but I use them too much to get a prepaid phone
- could not get another plan with only 250 minutes, had to get at least 450

I walked into one store wanting a basic, cheap, 250 minute plan and phone, and walked out of (a third store, a few hours later) with an iPhone.

I am pretty Luddite myself, and certainly not an 'early adopter'. I've never owned an Apple product.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a somewhat relevant question:

I will have to communicate a short message to an old guy tomorrow. We are working on a class project tomorrow, but didn't arrange a time or place to meet. I'll be on campus early though, so I just need to let him know when I'm there so he can meet me.

Can I just text him, or do I have to call him because he's old?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak

I will have to communicate a short message to an old guy tomorrow. We are working on a class project tomorrow, but didn't arrange a time or place to meet. I'll be on campus early though, so I just need to let him know when I'm there so he can meet me.

Depending on his age, you may need a carrier pigeon.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suggest smoke signals.

Carrier pigeons are the communication tool of choice if physical distance is > 12.6 miles.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak

facepalm.gif
Should've made a plan the last time you spoke. How big is campus? Can't you just look for each other? You can always wait until he sees you. There is nothing more
rolleyes.gif
than morons (not you!) who have to call/text each other in order to meet up, even though they know they are in the same room/restaurant/party ("I'm over by the bar - where are...ohhhh! NVM, I CU now!")

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads