• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else here lift?

AdamG

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post and whatnot.

Name is Adam, 18 year old from New Zealand.

I've been lifting weights for the last two years, currently my stats are around 250 bench, 410 deadlift, 350 squat weighing 187.

Was wondering is anyone else here hits the weights?

I'm in the middle of P/RR/S at the moment, seeing stunning gains on it, anyone else tried it?

Cheers,

Adam.

Kid609

Reaction score
I lift.

My muscles are bigger than yours

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of times I'll be watching action movies with The Rock of Jason Statham or what have you, and think to myself, hey, it'd be neat to be a bit more jacked... I'm gonna start lifting. But then I just say "*******" and do something else.

And that attitude is why I need to start wrestling again this year unless I want to be a limp *************.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I lift, my belly is bigger than yours

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I lift, my belly is bigger than yours
I lift, and Globe's is bigger than mine, too.

keal

Reaction score
Adam, great lifts for your age and weight! You'll probably be weighing in at 200lbs before you know it
smile.gif

I lift, but in the last year, my good shirts have gotten tighter at the chest. So I've cut down on my lifting and do more cardio instead.

Bench 225/Stifflegged Stiffback Deadlift 225/Squat 225

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, I lift, though its really not my main thing. Weigh in at 151-153 lbs, depending on the time of day, 225 lbs bench. Don't do that other stuff much. I am mainly lifting because I would like to be able to get Toyko's big ass carcass off if he falls on me after I annihilate him in the Kumite.

vincent

Reaction score
I've been lifting for a couple of years on and off.

I have finally been consistent with my weight training(5 times a week) for the past 3 months. I have also been using creatine and have seen significant progress.

Anyone else using creatine?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used it with great success in the past. now I am not so serious about lifting.

BigSur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vincent

I have finally been consistent with my weight training(5 times a week) for the past 3 months. I have also been using creatine and have seen significant progress.

inconsistently, I can never get into the habit of supplements. When I do use it, I do see results especially when used with whey protein.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. I have seen results, although they could be better if I were more consistent. Still, I am happy with where I am. My main aim was to gain weight (and not too much fat) and after several years of very hard effort, I have finally got about the weight I want (I am 1m93 - 6"4, my weight went from 68 kgs to about 87 on the course of 6 years - 151 and 193 pounds).

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Pat Robertson's tears cure cancer. But Pat Robertson never cries.
That's nothing! Kim Il-Sung was said to manipulate space, and his son Kim Jong-Il manipulates time. He also has broken countless sport records.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lift, I look like a cut, greek God. Women feed me grapes. That is all.
laugh.gif

keal

Reaction score

I used to use creatine - the newer kre-alkalyn type. It works great.

My girlfriend doesn't want me big and bulky, plus some of my clothes are getting tighter, so I've cut out all my supplements. I'm still lifting 5 days a week, but just casual workouts - nothing too heavy.

I have some jeans coming in the mail and I'm praying they fit! One's a slim type and my legs are pretty thick right now. Gotta cross my fingers
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads