1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else Geeking for Civ Five?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by FLMountainMan, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

Maybe they found guns left over from the similarly awful Battlestar Galactica finale.

2. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

civ 4 plays better.

civ5 has very bad ai combat, still random and getting rid of religion for some wierd ass cultural tree is just meh. upkeep is also crazy, forcing you to spam cottages and warmongering.

cultural is okay. did an occ cultural win.

3. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I mean, Christ, we've had computers capable of beating chess grandmasters for 15 years now.

That's not really a fair comparison. Chess is a pretty simple game and can probably just be boiled down to picking possible moves in advance.

You'd think we could build strategy game AI capable of beating humans without the need for artificial cheats, like reduced building costs or total map visibility. And yet, that's what we've got. AI doesn't actually get any smarter beyond the midway difficulty notch of most games these days. Ratcheting up the difficulty level just gives some resource advantages to the AI player, rather than giving the AI player a better brain.

but yeah, this pisses me off too.

With these types of games i'd be happy with just Call to Power 2 graphics (what's that 10 years old?) but good gameplay and a huge amount of different units/discoveries etc.

4. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I was wandering around the board with an infantryman. Decided to screw around and conquered every other civilization with just that one unit. Won the game by 2200 BC. Ridiculous.

That actually sounds pretty fun, haha.