• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone coming to DFW for the Super Bowl?

Hannerhan

Reaction score
I'm in Fort Worth, and am watching the ESPN broadcasting stage setup come together down below my office this week. The activities next week should be lots of fun, even though I'm unfortunately not getting a look on our company tix for the game.

If you're coming to the area, make sure to spend some time on the Fort Worth side of Cowboys Stadium!

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hannerhan
I'm in Fort Worth, and am watching the ESPN broadcasting stage setup come together down below my office this week. The activities next week should be lots of fun, even though I'm unfortunately not getting a look on our company tix for the game. If you're coming to the area, make sure to spend some time on the Fort Worth side of Cowboys Stadium!
I'll be in Fort Worth for Taste of the NFL

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live a mile or two from the stadium.

**** the Super Bowl.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
I live a mile or two from the stadium.

**** the Super Bowl.

I thought you lived more north of Arlington, maybe I'm mistraken (no stalker)

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live right off 30 in Arlington.

I wanted to spend at least Super Bowl weekend in Vegas to avoid the worst of it, but couldn't find anyone who had the time off (and money) to go with me.

Hannerhan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Who's paying $900 for a parking spot?

Parking will definitely be a shitshow because many of the spots close to the stadium can't be used for security reasons. And this being Texas, we of course have no other way to get all 110,000 people out there except by car.

runner-guy

Reaction score
I went to the Super Bowl festivities when the game was in Detroit a few years ago, and it was pretty fun. The league sets up tons of different tents and exhibits and it was pretty much a big party. Plus, Detroit sort of combined it with their annual Winterfest, which was cool.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Detroit also hung banners on all the abandoned buildings to hide the broken/boarded up windows. It was kind of depressing.. although it was one of the few times I was really disappointed I no longer had my corp. apartment in the Millinder center.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
I live right off 30 in Arlington.

I wanted to spend at least Super Bowl weekend in Vegas to avoid the worst of it, but couldn't find anyone who had the time off (and money) to go with me.

Can you sell off your parking space and rent your apartment for the weekend to get enough cash to take somebody with you?

Or is there not enough of a limited supply in the area for that the be a big money move

runner-guy

Reaction score
Yeah, they had a lot of buildings to cover too. I've heard pretty much every city does the same thing though.

Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Detroit also hung banners on all the abandoned buildings to hide the broken/boarded up windows. It was kind of depressing.. although it was one of the few times I was really disappointed I no longer had my corp. apartment in the Millinder center.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Can you sell off your parking space and rent your apartment for the weekend to get enough cash to take somebody with you?

Or is there not enough of a limited supply in the area for that the be a big money move

They made it more of a hassle to rent out your place than it was worth, unless you had a big house.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I live in Plano and work in downtown Dallas. I wish I were further away.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics