Anyone care to explain your Avatar? / Bigger version of your Avatar

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tck13, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Could you clarify? Are you saying that if someone challenges one to a fight, is it not honorable to refuse to fight? Is that the philosophy?

If a person fights only for honor of victory, then refuses to fight, isn't he then refusing the honor?

2. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

If a person fights only for honor of victory, then refuses to fight, isn't he then refusing the honor?

I think I get it.

But, if I am walking down the street and some punk comes up to me and challenges me to a fight and I refuse, is that considered dishonorable?

Judging by what your saying it doesn't sound like it would be dishonorable.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I think I get it.

But, if I am walking down the street and some punk comes up to me and challenges me to a fight and I refuse, is that considered dishonorable?

You? I'm not sure. Are you a internationally famous fighter who's wins and losses are the bellweather for the morale of your nation? If the answer is yes, then it would be cowardace to refuse. If the answer is no, go about your business.

4. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

You? I'm not sure. Are you a internationally famous fighter who's wins and losses are the bellweather for the morale of your nation? If the answer is yes, then it would be cowardace to refuse. If the answer is no, go about your business.

I think I got it.

Is the philosophy described in the story a particular philosophy for Sumo wrestlers or a part of something else? (I just find it interesting, sorry about all of the questions)

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Good morning. My avatar is a close-up of my customized chucks. I call them my Yoricks.
    This whole time, I thought it was a low res, high contrast picture of your dog in a medical collar. This does make some more sense.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Just changed mine to one of the greatest cool-guys in cinema, Mr Michael Caine. This is the classic image from Get Carter.

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I think I got it.

Is the philosophy described in the story a particular philosophy for Sumo wrestlers or a part of something else? (I just find it interesting, sorry about all of the questions)

I doubt that its an actual Sumo philosophy of any kind. It's from Street Fighter. (The videogame series transmogrified into a die based role playing game where I found it online and copied/pasted the text)

One cannot expect any kernel of factual social information, theology, or ethos to escape unscathed through more than two layers of fiction writing. Especially when the original character concept itself is so factually inaccurate as to be stereotypically racist.

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Thanks for posting the larger version. I have been trying to figure out if it was actually Koizumi but couldn't be sure with the smaller version.

That's a great pic! Do you know what it says?

i could only assume the japanese subtitles say, "go ahead, make my day!" but i could be wrong.

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

My former one was a self-portrait by Bernard Boutet de Monvel, a now obscure Deco portraitist.

Now it is Dirk Bogarde, that consummately perverse actor.

10. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

i like koizumi. i like dirty harry. that's just about it. [​IMG]
    i could only assume the japanese subtitles say, "go ahead, make my day!" but i could be wrong.
    The Japanese reads, "If you wanna live, pay up your taxes!" (Lit. "If you don't want to die, pay your taxes!")

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

The Japanese reads, "If you wanna live, pay up your taxes!" (Lit. "If you don't want to die, pay your taxes!")
    Hilarious. I think this might be worthy to tattoo on a wigger looking for some street cred.

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

double post.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

The Japanese reads, "If you wanna live, pay up your taxes!"

(Lit. "If you don't want to die, pay your taxes!")

nice! SHINDE MORAU ZE!!

14. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Mine is Damian Gruev, leader of the Macedonian revolution against the Ottoman Empire in 1903.

15. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Just changed mine to one of the greatest cool-guys in cinema, Mr Michael Caine. This is the classic image from Get Carter.
    Not bad. I don't know if you were around for my MC avatar when the new Alfie came out...

[​IMG]