Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Anyone care to explain your Avatar? / Bigger version of your Avatar

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tck13, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

My new avatar kicks ass! Anyone know what it is?

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

My new avatar kicks ass! Anyone know what it is?
    Looks like Yamato (the battleship) in space. Edit: Aha! I thought I remembered it correctly! There is anime by that theme (I don't usually watch anime, don't know how I remembered this). Oh, my current avatar is Shimura Takashi from one of my all-time favourite films, Ikiru: [​IMG]

3. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Looks like Yamato (the battleship) in space.

Do you know the name and cartoon series it was in? I think it was during the 80's. I think that was the japanese name for the ship but it had a different name in america.

Apparently, the show was edited quite a bit (storyline, ship's name, title) to go on t.v. in America.

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Do you know the name and cartoon series it was in? I think it was during the 80's. I think that was the japanese name for the ship but it had a different name in america. Apparently, the show was edited quite a bit (storyline, ship's name, title) to go on t.v. in America.
    Actually I recognised it because a Japanese restaurant near my apartment is named "Yamato" and has a scale model of the WW II battleship - I recognised its bow. Anyway, found a link: Space BattleShip Yamato

5. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Actually I recognised it because a Japanese restaurant near my apartment is named "Yamato" and has a scale model of the WW II battleship - I recognised its bow. Anyway, found a link:

Space BattleShip Yamato

Nice! It used to be a series called Star Blazers. I think the cartoon came to america in 1980 or so. I loved that cartoon! Judging by your link, it looks like there was a movie also. I'll have to check that out.

6. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

My new avatar really needs no explanation, but here's a bigger picture:

[​IMG]

7. wilson brother

wilson brother Senior member

Mine is the Beach Boys -I am a giant fan of their music and California style.

-Danny Wilson

8. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters OG Affiliate Vendor

I have always been a big fan of P.G Wodehouse. Does any watch the TV series House. Do you remember Hugh Laurie in the PBS series, Jeeves Takes Charge. I think he is a terrific actor.
    Yes, and what do you think of my new Avatar?

Best Regards,

Gary

9. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I have always been a big fan of P.G Wodehouse. Does any watch the TV series House. Do you remember Hugh Laurie in the PBS series, Jeeves Takes Charge. I think he is a terrific actor.
    Yes, and what do you think of my new Avatar?

Best Regards,

Gary

House is one of the only drama series that I watch with any regularity and I agree that Hugh Laurie is an excellent actor. I find the premise of the show to be new and more interesting than other medical dramas (and besides, it takes place in New Jersey [​IMG] )

10. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters OG Affiliate Vendor

House is one of the only drama series that I watch with any regularity and I agree that Hugh Laurie is an excellent actor. I find the premise of the show to be new and more interesting than other medical dramas (and besides, it takes place in New Jersey [​IMG] )

If you get a chance to see the PBS series( I'm almost sure it is called Jeeves Take Charge by P.G. Wodehouse) and I think it is available for rent, it is a must see. You will then have a greater appreciation for his acting ability.

Best Regards,

Gary

11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Don't have an avatar. I'm lazy.

12. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Don't have an avatar. I'm lazy.

May I suggest:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. alleonna

alleonna Member

my avatar is a baby... i always wanted to be pampered and treated like one.

14. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

My current avatar is Sharon Leal, of Boston Public. She did this photo shoot for Code Magazine, now defunct. Caught the show a few times during the first season, but lost interest. I never lost interest in her and decided to put her up for a while. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...7CF55A4AA824F9 My old avatar is an image from the '68 Olympics. Tommy Smith and John Carlos on the medal stand for the 200 meters, offering the black power salute. The guy who took 2nd, Peter Norman from Australia, is wearing a patch for the Olympic Project for Human Rights, the group that encouraged the two Americans to offer the silent protest. It'll make a comeback.

15. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

My new avatar is the Man in Black.