1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody with small feet in san francisco?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pejsek, Jul 3, 2004.

1. pejsek

pejsek Senior member

The Goodwill store at Fillmore and Geary has an interesting collection of Henry Maxwell shoes. There are probably about 10-12 pairs, all between $18-$24. Unfortunately, they are on the small side, probably 7.5 or 8. But they are from the glory days of Dover and New Bond Streets and include the custom shoe trees. I'm sure they would clean up nicely. There are some nice slip-ons and brogues in brown and black. My favorite was a dark brown cap-toe w/ medallion. I hate to see these just disappear into the ether. The lot is probably made for one of those incredible Japanese shoe fetishists, but I just don't have the time or energy.
    At their best the Henry Maxwell shoes were second to none. I'd really be lamenting my fate if I hadn't managed to acquire a couple of dozen pairs over the years. I think (like Pooles) representatives from Maxwells must have made regular visits here back in the day.
    BTW, there are some interesting Henry Maxwell riding boots on ebay right now, apparently from the 1930s. Might be just the right thing to go with some of the more flamboyant RLPL stuff.

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

bleh - let me know when you find some size 13's. 7.5 or 8 indeed. Â [​IMG]