• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody made it to the Harvie & Hudson Trunk Show?

Lowndes

Reaction score
Just curious if anybody has made it to their trunk show yet? If so, how was it?

Mike4488

Reaction score
I made it out and found it great. Those guys are extremely helpful and have a great product, especially for the price. I got a couple MTM shirts but mostly I ordered RTW from them. You should definitely check them out.

JT82

Reaction score
+1 ^

Hit their DC trunk show this past Monday - amazing selection of fabrics and patterns, almost overwhelming. I went with a few of their stock special MTMs. Andrew Hudson was very helpful, and took the time to get shirt sizings correct, as well as make recommendations for the collar and placket, and pull together some patterns. Richard Harvie was friendly, and we had a nice conversation. No pressure at all, and overall a great experience. I will definitely be a regular at their DC trunk shows.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JT82
+1 ^

Hit their DC trunk show this past Monday - amazing selection of fabrics and patterns, almost overwhelming. I went with a few of their stock special MTMs. Andrew Hudson was very helpful, and took the time to get shirt sizings correct, as well as make recommendations for the collar and placket, and pull together some patterns. Richard Harvie was friendly, and we had a nice conversation. No pressure at all, and overall a great experience. I will definitely be a regular at their DC trunk shows.

Great to hear. This trip I am hoping to get mainly RTW. Will they be pretty helpful with that or are they mainly trying to sell their MTM shirts because I assume they make more money off of them? I am really looking forward to them coming to SF because I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Also, out of curiosity what kind of special are they running on the MTM at their trunk show?

JT82

Reaction score
I believe they were offering 10% off their MTM services - not sure if the 10% applies to their RTW as well.

It was my first HH trunk show, they explained that most customers tend towards their MTM services - though I imagine they would be more than happy to help you with RTW options. They also had a selection of ties and pocket squares.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they actually selling RTW from the show, or
are they taking orders for shipment? I have about
four of their shirts which I ordered online
which are OK, not in the league of H&K, or T&A.
They were a relative bargain, however.

JT82

Reaction score
Most likely taking orders for shipment. Andrew made a point of telling me that they try to travel as light as possible, so I doubt they have a full range of sizes for all of their RTW styles. They did have sample shirts to try on for sizing, however.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is WS Foster still traveling with them?

samus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JT82
I don't believe so.

Here is a link to the HH website with details of their U.S. visit:
http://www.harvieandhudson.com/usa-visits.phtml

They aren't stopping in my city but I'll be in London for a few weeks this summer. From the sound of it their 3 for £33 each is pretty good, but I was wondering what they charge for MTM. Anyone?

Reaction score
I think if you visit their website you can find pricing on their MTM shirts. If memory serves they run around 110 pounds each.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads