Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Anybody know how find a vest to match

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hopkins_student, Apr 28, 2005.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

I'm thinking about buying the DJ linked to below if there is any way that I can get a vest from Borrelli in the same fabric. Does anybody know if it is possible to contact Borrelli about the availability of such a vest before making the purchase, and how would I go about doing so? Borrelli DJ

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Just buy the damn thing (Lance is terrific), go to a good tailor with a lot of swatch books, and the likelihood of you being able to match the fabric is very good. While I could see that Borrelli might have exclusive rights to some fancy fabrics, I don't see how they could get those to a plain black fabric. Figuring out what mill the fabric is from could be a bit of a pain though.

3. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

That is a beautiful tux at a fantastic price. How can you resist? Are you sure you need a vest? Personally, I think it might be a bit much, though I do understand that some people dislike cummberbunds.
    I second LA Guy's kind words about Lance. Lance is simply great to deal with.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I think a white vest, double-breasted, in a white marcella would be a lovely contrast.

Albeit some would state that type of vest would only be for white-tie.

5. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

FYI, I know of few occasions in medical school when a black tie would be required (more like I haven't worn my tux since senior year in college).  Most schools have their yearly "prom," semester formals, professional dinners, etc., and those events require a nice suit and tie rather than a dinner jacket.

6. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

In the pictures that they showed us during the interview everyone was wearing black tie, most of it obviously rented. That and I'll probably be getting married next summer, so I'll need one for then anyway.