• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody have experience with the University of Toronto?

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
I'm first year and I have some n00b questions. If you think you can help, feel free to PM me
smile.gif

trogdor

Reaction score
Post 'em in public, and I'll see if I can remember enough to answer 'em.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
okay. I want to switch programs second year, but the program I want says I need 2.0 credits (3 courses) as a prerequisite. I called the registrar and inquired if I could take these courses as electives, seeing as I have no pre-enrolled course load and she said I couldn't. They told me I would be able to switch if I had the intentions to, but it seems like I can't.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talk to your advisor about it yet?

trogdor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
okay. I want to switch programs second year, but the program I want says I need 2.0 credits (3 courses) as a prerequisite. I called the registrar and inquired if I could take these courses as electives, seeing as I have no pre-enrolled course load and she said I couldn't. They told me I would be able to switch if I had the intentions to, but it seems like I can't.

Any three courses, or three particular courses?

Presumably, if they are pre-reqs for second year in a particular program, you need to have taken them prior to being in the second year for that program. They're probably pre-reqs (and not co-reqs) for a reason.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
3 specific courses. But how do they expect people to enter the program if only the people in the program in question can enroll in the aforementioned classes?
confused.gif
Eff university.
frown.gif

imhotep

Reaction score
I graduated from here.

Which program? are you sure the prereq's are only available to those in the program? or is it that you just don't have priority on course selection day?

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imhotep
I graduated from here.

Which program? are you sure the prereq's are only available to those in the program? or is it that you just don't have priority on course selection day?

I'm not sure on either. She (a very rude, bitchy woman that was of very little assitance) just said I was not available. It may be I do not have priority, however.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Call back on a different day and speak to someone else.

imhotep

Reaction score
are you sure they are pre-req's or co-req's?

imo, you should make an appointment to sit down with your college's registrar (trinity, new, etc) and discuss your questions.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imhotep
are you sure they are pre-req's or co-req's?

imo, you should make an appointment to sit down with your college's registrar (trinity, new, etc) and discuss your questions.

I think I'm going to do this. Or I may also call/meet with the head of the business department? I'll weigh out my options tomorrow when I call back to inquire about availability.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I think I'm going to do this. Or I may also call/meet with the head of the business department? I'll weigh out my options tomorrow when I call back to inquire about availability.

Are you in the BComm pgm at Rotman?

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talk to registrar in person. My bet is she got confused and you CAN register in those courses. Even if you cant talk to the department youre transferring to and theyll fix that for you. Dont do it over phone.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Are you in the BComm pgm at Rotman?

No. I got screwed over in highschool and was not able to get my math courses done. I applied to the management program, but got an alternate offer. The alternate offer was given, not on the basis of insufficient marks, but the lack of prerequisite math courses. On top of it, I guarantee my final year's average will be higher than 75% of the students admitted to the management program (~87%). Life sucks
frown.gif

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey you think that's bad? i'm going to be transferring to the U of T this fall to study political science, ain't that some **** ha ha no i guess im just kidding im sure it'll be great it ******* better, or else

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads