• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Anybody have experience adjusting a watch band?

hanker565

Reaction score
Just bought a watch online and the band is much too big. Some online research tells me that it is possible to remove links to make it smaller. Anybody try this before? Thoughts on this? http://cgi.ebay.com/Watch-Band-Strap...QQcmdZViewItem I'm regretting not purchasing a watch in-store so that the salesperson could just do it for me

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Take it to a jewelry store. They'll do it for around $20.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
If it's a good watch then I suggest you get a pro to do it. Most watch repair will do it for little if any money.

I've had jewelers do it for free and I've also done it myself (with a cheap Timex).

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
If it's a good watch then I suggest you get a pro to do it. Most watch repair will do it for little if any money.
Agreed, if you haven't done it before it would be easy to scratch the band. Take it to one of those little kiosks with the old man fixing watches and it will probably cost you $5-10 at most.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to a store that sells them tell them you've got it as a gift from your wife or something. Tell them she bought it there. I've done it before. Though wife is interchangale with girlfriend, mother, father, jew.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.