• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody got their W.W. Chan suits yet?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody who has ordered a suit or sport coat from W.W. Chan's November tour gotten theirs yet? I have been hoping against hope that I would get mine in time for the S.H.O.T. Show (the major trade show of the firearms industry) before I leave a week from today. I had told Mr. Chu this in November, and he said he'd try to prioritize it. The way the world always seems to work, my suit will probably arrive the day after I've left for the show.

Do any veteran Chan customers know how they handle this? Do they ship out their creations piecemeal as they become available or do they wait and do mass shippings to expedite dealing with Customs, etc.?

PeterMetro

Reaction score
They'll do whatever you want. Call Patrick and tell him to finish it and send it early. They will accomodate.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're asking whether they wait to ship a bunch of customers' orders at once, the answer is no. Â If you're asking if they wait until all the items in one particular order are complete before shipping, the answer is usually yes unless you request otherwise. Â I've received my latest order although it was only one suit and one shirt. Â I don't know how they prioritize orders, though. Â FWIW, I'm a NYC customer (early stop on the tour) that's ordered a fair amount from them and referred several customers. Â At the very least, I think I should get expedited service. Â
biggrin.gif
dan

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't even gotten my shirts yet.

DandySF

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Patrick said that they ship a large number of orders to the US all at once. Then they are inspected by Customs and then finally sent on their way via FedEx. They don't send out individual orders, resulting from their US tours, from Hong Kong.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've received all my shirts, including an additional shirt that I added to the order three weeks ago.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my semi-discriminating eye, I think they fit very very well. Compared to the shirt I posted previously, I tweaked the collar size (-1/8"), waist (+1.5"), sleeve length (-3/8), and added side pleats.

They are great basic shirts that will serve me very well, but I don't like the collars enough to buy too many more. Collars feel a bit too 'paper-ish'. Soon as I can find a job, I might try Ascot Chang or Anto (if the price is right).

I'm actually wearing one of my Chan's today, maybe I'll post a pic when I get home...

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they changed their interlining. My one Chan shirt collar doesn't feel paperish to me. It's fused, no doubt, but it doesn't feel too much different other high end collars I've felt. I did notice that the canvas for the suits seemed to have changed from my first to second order. The canvas in the second suit was much stiffer than the first, which had very soft canvas.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail from Chan that my suit should be arriving this Tuesday. Hope these rest of you fellows will be getting your Chan duds around the same time.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they changed their interlining.  My one Chan shirt collar doesn't feel paperish to me.  It's fused, no doubt, but it doesn't feel too much different other high end collars I've felt.  I did notice that the canvas for the suits seemed to have changed from my first to second order.  The canvas in the second suit was much stiffer than the first, which had very soft canvas.
I have shirts from three different orders (including two from Raymond's last trip to the US), and the interlining is the same on all three--it is not as nice as Ascot Chang's interlinings, but it is nice.

I wonder whether the canvas changes from time to time, or if they select different canvas depending on the cloth. Some of my Chan suits seem softer than others (with no correlation to when I ordered them), but I never placed it as being a difference in the canvas. I'm going to take a look when I get home.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The canvas in my two suits -- one from July trip, one from the November trip -- is most definitely different. But the fabric I ordered for the second suit is also most definitely thicker and "stiffer" (for lack of a better word). So, it could be that they used a different canvas due to the fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads