Anybody Got Their Chan Clothes Yet?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JLibourel, Feb 26, 2010.

1. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I got an e-mail this morning from Mr. Kok at Chan saying that my blazer would be shipped to their agent on Tuesday, and I should be getting it within the week.

2. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I got an e-mail this morning from Mr. Kok at Chan saying that my blazer would be shipped to their agent on Tuesday, and I should be getting it within the week.

Sounds good. What happened to Poon? I no longer have any correspondences with her.

Chan is pretty good at meeting early delivery requests. I have a wedding to attend in about a couple of hours and asked if my suit ordered in November can arrive before today. Got it about 3 weeks ago. Not sure if that's a good thing because now I have to see Patrick again in March to address my divots!! On both sides!! I was hoping by the 5th suit at least that issue would be taken care of. And...i received 2 button instead of my requested 3-roll 2. Ughh. Would have preferred a late jacket to one with no issues. Oh well...

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Mr. Kok has replaced Ms. Poon, which was the occasion of some puerile humor back when it took place a year or so ago.

Sorry to hear about your problems. These screw-ups do occur occasionally. I think language may sometimes be a problem. On the summer tour I ordered two jackets: one a 3-roll-2, the other a two-button. Both arrived as 3-roll-2s. Actually, this is fine with me. Patrick has decided 3-roll-2 suits me better and decreed my coming jacket will be a 3-roll-2. I am planning to order a tan tropical style suit on the March visit and want it to be a 3-roll-2 with patch pockets.

4. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I am also using Davies and Henry Poole at the moment. Need to get around if I'm going to have things to write about.

I use Mahon for DBs, and Chan for warm weather clothes. Plenty of photos of both on ASW.

How did you go about making this decision - Mahon for DBs and Chan for warm weather? Or will it be another blog post?

One reason I'm hesitant to try someone else is b/c it takes repeat commissions for the best results and the GBP is pricey.

5. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Sounds good. What happened to Poon? I no longer have any correspondences with her.

Chan is pretty good at meeting early delivery requests. I have a wedding to attend in about a couple of hours and asked if my suit ordered in November can arrive before today. Got it about 3 weeks ago. Not sure if that's a good thing because now I have to see Patrick again in March to address my divots!! On both sides!! I was hoping by the 5th suit at least that issue would be taken care of. And...i received 2 button instead of my requested 3-roll 2. Ughh. Would have preferred a late jacket to one with no issues. Oh well...

This is really inexcusable to me, while I have some leeway with Chan in fixing fit issues, there is no excuse for getting the order wrong. I would make them change it.

6. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

I placed an order in December for an overcoat, for which I'm to have a fitting on the March tour. Yesterday, I received an e-mail that it will be sent FedEx on March 2nd.

7. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Received my two suits last week.

8. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

This is really inexcusable to me, while I have some leeway with Chan in fixing fit issues, there is no excuse for getting the order wrong. I would make them change it.

They're good about fixes, and I give more leeway since I asked for an expedited order and have the tendency to change other minor details via e-mail after my meetings with Patrick. But the 3 roll 2 vs. 2 was just an error, but first real one I've had.

9. Vintage Gent

I placed an order in December for an overcoat, for which I'm to have a fitting on the March tour. Yesterday, I received an e-mail that it will be sent FedEx on March 2nd.

Arrived today.

10. JT82

JT82 Senior member

^ great news! I'm still waiting for my fresco blazer. Hopefully today or tomorrow. What, generally, does Chan run for an overcoat?

11. Vintage Gent

^ great news! I'm still waiting for my fresco blazer. Hopefully today or tomorrow. What, generally, does Chan run for an overcoat?

I used a herringbone from Minnis (#JJ2010), and it ran $1,554.00 plus an additional $100 for the fitting.

12. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Mr. Kok has replaced Ms. Poon, which was the occasion of some puerile humor back when it took place a year or so ago.

I missed that 1st time around. [​IMG]

13. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I used a herringbone from Minnis (#JJ2010), and it ran $1,554.00 plus an additional $100 for the fitting.

Do you mind sharing a picture of the coat?

14. Timeless Fashion

Timeless Fashion Senior member

Still waiting to hear when they will send my jacket order to their US agent. I decided not to meet withi them this month since I don't think I will receive the jacket in time.

15. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Just got my jacket today. It's a summer blazer made from Harrison's Frontier. I just gave it preliminary steaming and am letting it hang out for awhile. Then I'll see where especially to steam it some more. Being a lightweight fabric, it was more wrinkled than many of the Chan items I have pulled from the FedEx boxes. Overall, very satisfactory for fit and workmanship, as always.