1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody familiar with Eduardo G shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ChicagoRon, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Saw some at DSW, I will pay more attention to those in the future.

2. binge

binge Senior member

The Spanish Edward Green?

I have a pair with which I am satisfied. I purchased them at DSW a little over a year ago. They are dark brown suede (seen here and here). Since, I've seen some calf leather ones at the same DSW and am less impressed with those at the same price of $125-$150. YMMV.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

This thread is the only substantive informational reference that came up when I Googled Eduardo G. shoes. I've bought 4 pairs over the last couple of months, at one Daffy's or another in NYC. It would have been 6 pairs, but the other two styles I liked haven't been in stock in my size. At $69.99/pair, I can't imagine I've ever gotten a better value on anything. I was even seduced into a pair in black, after having sworn to never wear a black shoe again. Right now, DSW.com has a split toe in a 9M for $115.00; if it were my size, I'd jump on it. I don't understand how the original retail is only $150.00 - I've never seen a $150.00 shoe at that level of styling and construction.

photos of the shoes?

4. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

photos of the shoes?

I think I still have a photo of one pair in my email, I'll look; the others I'll have to photograph and post later in the week.

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I think I still have a photo of one pair in my email, I'll look; the others I'll have to photograph and post later in the week.

cool [​IMG]

6. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

I imagine all of the Daffy's selection were seconds. The insole of this pair, I didn't realize until afterwards, is maybe a quarter inch short of the toe, and the coloration is a bit uneven, but I would imagine that's easily corrected. I've already worn them a few times without even worrying about it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/LeoJayCr...52400210990594

7. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

8. Tobacco Man

Tobacco Man Senior member

I came across these shoes today at CitiShoes in Manhattan. They're located at 56th & Park. Went there for the first time because I heard they carried Allen Edmonds, but found out that they also have a nice lineup of Eduardo G's, Alden's, Church's, and several other great brands.
    But back to the Eduardo G's. The guy at the store said they were from Portugal. The shoes looked very impressive for the price, and I was told they hold up very well. I'm thinking about getting a pair of the black cap toes I saw.

9. comrade

comrade Senior member

I just picked up a pair at DSW in San Francisco:

[​IMG]

These are from their "collection" line (if that makes any difference), are made in Portugal rather than Italy. As bigbris1 states, they are a touch wider than most in the D width, which is a godsend for me as I seem to occupy that space between D and E widths. Comparing these to my C&J-made Peal&Co 10E in size, these are 10.5D but are nearly the same length but are a little narrower. A perfect fit for me actually.

Cheers to an affordable & decent quality shoe that fits (me) great.

Great looking shoes. Where in SF is the DSW?
    Not that I find my size.

10. jakeboyle

jakeboyle New Member

For anyone still interested in the topic, they are blake stitched, made in Portugal, and you can buy them from Shipton & Heneage who have a USA catalog and website. The link to the eduardo G products is here.
    http://www.shipton-usa.com/contempor...on-3169-0.html

11. taylorthetwist

taylorthetwist New Member

I am sitting with the rep right now, actually. I hadn't heard of the brand prior to our appointment.
    All of the shoes are the softest leather I've experienced in a long while. The craftsmanship is amazing. My buyer is the sample size and says one pair of shoes is "like I'm wearing nothing". The shoes are leather from top to sole. Also note that the sole is treated with the same dying technique as the shoe itself. In some of the more rugged styles, the leather is as soft and pliable as your old reliable favourites.Think Frye, but without the intentionally scuffed sole, and more dressy. The styles come in a black, chocolate, cognac, honey brown, and burgundy - all incredibly luxe.
    Basically, these shoes epitomize craftsmanship and luxury. They will last forever and will only look better with age. Buy them!

12. allman brotha

allman brotha Member

Contact me. I can help you.