• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody Else Let Themselves Go During the Holidays?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Thanksgiving to New Years, I eat everything that's on my "Do Not Eat" list - Donuts (Cinnamon Rolls microwaved for 15 seconds taste like...victory), Gingerbread (the frosted one at Starbucks is damn good), Cherry Pie, Rice Pudding, lots of coconut juice, multiple frozen vodka shots, etc.

I know, paradoxical user name...

300zx1985

Reaction score
Somewhat, I do tend to splurge on junk food around this time - mainly because its everywhere with people bringing snacks home. I ate two Krispy Kreme snowmen donuts before bed last night...
smile.gif

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ate half of a chocolate truffle the other day.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Never. Fat disgusts me, and fat people sicken me.

No amount of temporary indulgence is worth the pain of trying to get back into shape afterward. Staying in shape is much easier than getting into it.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Never. Fat disgusts me, and fat people sicken me. No amount of temporary indulgence is worth the pain of trying to get back into shape afterward. Staying in shape is much easier than getting into it.
lighten up bro.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
lighten up bro.

Spoken like a fattyfat pigbelly fat person.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Spoken like a fattyfat pigbelly fat person.

Spoken like you have no ******* clue about my lifestyle or my body. nice try though chief.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
haha...you really are an arrogant bastard, eh?

I tend to let myself go a touch at the holidays and maybe gain a pound or two. I'd rather that than the constant harassment by those around me stuffing their faces.

ktrp

Reaction score
From mid december till the end of the month, I'm pretty much eating what I want.

Then I'll be back on Lyle MacDonald's RFL.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ktrp
From mid december till the end of the month, I'm pretty much eating what I want.

Then I'll be back on Lyle MacDonald's RFL.

Why not UD2.0?

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lighten up bro.

Knowing AB, there might've been just a hint of sarcasm in his post, amirite.

Also, UD2 is meant for somewhat lean folks (men sub-15) and a quick bout of PSMF (which, basically is what the RFL is all about) helps to get rid of the fluid retention and excess bloating that occur after the holiday season.

At least in my experience, that has been the case.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Spoken like you have no ******* clue about my lifestyle or my body. nice try though chief.

U mad

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
U mad

the only thing more delicious than the meat pie im stuffing down my throat is the irony you be spittin'

as for me, im not gonna let myself go 100% - i'm gonna enjoy some holiday-specific treats, but still stick to the guidelines. i think i may just overfeed myself this week to get my metabolism back up, yeah.

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Never. Fat disgusts me, and fat people sicken me.

No amount of temporary indulgence is worth the pain of trying to get back into shape afterward. Staying in shape is much easier than getting into it.

lol after i pig out for 3 weeks during my winter break it will only take me 2 to 3 weeks of regular healthy eating to get down to where i was before bf wise, well worth it in my opinion

and my lifts go up like crazy with all this bloat

when i mean pig out i dun mean i purposely look for the nastiest foods, but rather I wouldn't restrict myself

that is if u were in shape to start with, I "cheat" every weekend of the year anyways so its all good

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Who are you kidding, Billster, we know you're a tubtub.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads