1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody Been Bitten by a Dog Lately?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gnatty8, May 5, 2010.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Just go the Rick Perry route... I have the same gun he used (for my summer carry) for killing the coyote. I haven't ever run with it, but it is small enough that it wouldn't be a big deal if I wanted to. Of course I live in the same city as Rick, so I guess my chances are the same as his to have this type of encounter.

I've been lucky to never have a dog chase me through a neighborhood yet, but I guess it only takes once.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_554397.html

I just may, this jogging stuff is a dangerous business..

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Attacked by my own family dog (though grown, we didn't have it for more than a few months and it was chained). Though it was my fault - walked toward a guard dog with chicken bones in my hand, well it ripped through the chains and jumped on me. Had to take multiple shots for rabies. They took away the dog and I never found out what happened to it.

A few years ago while in college, I was walking to work one day and was chased by this pit bull/rottweiler some hicks kept at their house near my apartment. Had to run 30-40 yards to a house and luckily it's front door wasn't locked. The dog stood there in front of the glass doors until a car showed up and I could bolt into it. I called animal control once I was in the clear but I'm not sure what happened to the dog.

3. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Only little children, never dogs.

4. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

My douchebag neighbor lets his pit bull roam out front when he is cutting his grass. My concern is a little kid walking by. I've already seen him go after another dog.

5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Man...I thought this was going to be the start of a great zombie thread.

6. dl20

dl20 Senior member

I got bit in the hamstring by a small pincher last Thursday. Felt like little needles penetrating the skin.
    Site swelled up quite a bit. fn hurt actually.

dl

7. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Disappointed nobody is saying pics or it didn't happen, the battle scars are pretty cool..

Glad you're ok. Post pics or didn't happen

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

County apparently only has records if we know the rabies tag number. Weird I know, but that's why they have to go the quarantine route.

Is the quarantine over, and if so, did the dog turn out to be rabies-free? Hopefully if the dog is back home, it's no longer roaming freely.

9. magogian12345

magogian12345 Senior member

The owner should pay for your expenses.

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

My douchebag neighbor lets his pit bull roam out front when he is cutting his grass. My concern is a little kid walking by. I've already seen him go after another dog.

When I run in town, there's a house about 4 or 5 blocks from mine where the people do the same thing, but they have a great dane and a boxer. We running by there the other day and the idiot was cutting his grass not even watching. The dogs spotted me and were watching the whole time. Had they bolted, they would have been on me and the moran cutting his grass never would have known.. I have come to the conclusion that 3 or 4 in 10 dog owners should be euthanized..

Is the quarantine over, and if so, did the dog turn out to be rabies-free? Hopefully if the dog is back home, it's no longer roaming freely.

Not yet, another 5 days or so. The dog is still at the guy's house, and I saw it Saturday, bouncing around, playing with some 8 or 9 year old kids.. [​IMG]

It didn't appear sick, which was reassuring, but WTF? It just bit a guy and it was outside playing unattended with children?

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Was bitten again by my friend last night. Even worse than a few weeks ago. She broke the skin. Arms are a little swollen, a few nice teeth shaped bruises. Should I go get tetanus shots? [​IMG]

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

The people have spoken:

[​IMG]

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Yeah, I have noticed this as well, they just don't give a shit. Like I said above, I am not the suing type, and the guy really did seem very upset that this all happened, so I'll collect some positive kharma from saying fuck it, and move on with life.
    Always liked you, but I gotta say: respect. ~ H

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Always liked you, but I gotta say: respect.

~ H

+1. Much respect. I'd take the same approach.

15. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

guys you are thinking way too small,dont sue the dog owner...SUE APPLE for creating the ipod in the first place,if they hadnt made it you wouldnt have gotten bit.
    (buy own park to jog in with proceeds)
    case closed.

16. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

The people have spoken:

[​IMG]

I like you too, but not enough to want to see your thigh. [​IMG]

Damn though, it does look like a skull. That is a bad omen according to the practice of divination.

17. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I like you too, but not enough to want to see your thigh. [​IMG]

Damn though, it does look like a skull. That is a bad omen according to the practice of divination.

Gee thanks g33k, I appreciate your optimism.. [​IMG]

18. j

j Senior member Admin

It kind of looks like the skull of [​IMG] never been bitten myself, but I've had to protect a couple dogs from other dogs, usually off-leash. I don't know if it's a smart way to do it, but I learned to teach snarling dogs by grabbing over their snout and pushing their lips under their teeth, usually stops them. Of course that is not if they are actually trying to bite you.

19. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    The people have spoken: [​IMG]
    You should post this photo here Set up a shrine at your place, charge admission to the hoards of pilgrims you'll no-doubt attract.

20. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

It kind of looks like the skull of [​IMG]

Now that sir, ain't no coincidence.. [​IMG]