1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

any way to tighten up dry denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nmulax, May 17, 2006.

1. ron

ron Active Member

How hot is a fabric steamer? A hairdryer might work also, I'm not sure which one gets hotter

It depends on the type of steamer - I have a travel steamer that emits steam similar to the steam from boiling a pan of water on the stove. I have a professional steamer that steams as hot as a steam iron and it does a great job of removing odors and wrinkles from wool clothing. Never tried it on jeans though.

2. ron

ron Active Member

Not a bad idea... might get some of the you-stank out of them as well. (You in general, not you ron [​IMG] )

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Thanks j. Although I must admit it has cost me a few hundred bucks since I found this forum a couple of weeks ago - just ordered some jeans from Denim Bar the other day (hard for me to pass up a good sale).

3. ardeetee

ardeetee Senior member

I had this exact same problem with my dry jeans when i did a cold soak and then sat at my desk until they dried; the knees were stretched out quite a bit and then dried to a point where they were annoying the crap out of me about 1 week later.

So what I did was just get a spray bottle, filled it with water, and sprayed both knees until they were damp (misting level). I let them dry overnight and well, in the morning they actually shrank back down to an acceptable level and i love them to death [​IMG] nothing really magical to it, but it seemed to work!