• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any way to rock grey suit trousers wuth sneakers casually?

yentz

Reaction score
Hi, I have a pair of grey slim suit trousers which I would love to wear casually. Now white Chucks aren't working and white sneakers are ok'ish. I am still struggleing with the rest of the outfit as everything with collars is looking great but gets my way too much into the smart direction which I don't want. Ideally I should be able to wear the outfit in a dark technoclub looking just stylish but not smart. Hope this makes sense.
Thanks for helping,
Jens

johnnymiz

Reaction score
no. wear nice shoes. nothing wrong with being the best dressed in your group.
the fanciest pants you should ever wear with sneakers (and a nice pair, not chucks) are chinos...for a casual summer beachy look.

paxonus

Reaction score
Brown suede chukkas are about as casual as you can reasonably get away with.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thos are gonna be wrecked after I suppose :(
How ya figure? If you buy a quality pair of suede shoes they'll handle rain and everything else just fine.

yentz

Reaction score
After 24 hours partying (or more?) nonstop I think at least 50 people will have stepped on my feet. :(

yentz

Reaction score
But I will definitely try those together when not partying. :)

yentz

Reaction score
How ya figure? If you buy a quality pair of suede shoes they'll handle rain and everything else just fine.
Any brand you can recommend in particular? I had some Frank Wright which looked great but did not respond too well to the wet conditions here in Hamburg when I moved here two years ago.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in America, so I have brands such as Allen Edmonds and Alden, among others. Alden makes fine suede shoes, but they maybe too cost prohibitive in Germany. Crockett & Jones, Carmina, and others are European brands that use good quality suede that can handle being stepped on by 50 people. That being said, I'm not sure why you'd want to subject your suit pants to that kind of abuse either!

johnnymiz

Reaction score
Clearly youre pretty young and talking about raging all night at packed dance clubs.
In that case, you should find cheap shoes that IMITATE shoes by vass, alden, crocket and jones, allen edmonds, etc.
Wear them a few months and replace when they are ruined. Get some polish and a brush to keep them presentable.
No sense buying nice shoes to ruin.
i bought my son his first pair of good shoes when he graduated college and got a real job.
And i told him, "they are NOT for the clubs. Theyre to look nice with a suit at work. Wear your crappy shoes to the clubs"
I destroyed some nice shoes in my youth that way ;-)

yentz

Reaction score
Thanks for your answers but I was looking for some advice on how to wear sneakers or any other than smart shoes with grey suit trousers. Something like on the photo. So I wouldnt have to worry about wrecking expensive shoes in the club and still look good
Screenshot_20180926-062802_Chrome.jpeg

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for your answers but I was looking for some advice on how to wear sneakers or any other than smart shoes with grey suit trousers. Something like on the photo. So I wouldnt have to worry about wrecking expensive shoes in the club and still look good View attachment 1042019
Those aren't suit trousers; I'd recommend sticking with finding more casual pants like those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads