• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Trick for Downsizing an E to a D?

tobyjoe

Reaction score
I purchased some nice black indy boots from the NYC Alden store on Thursday. Due to impatience, I bought an 8E instead of an 8D or 8C (I have a very narrow heel).

I wore the boots out for a couple of hours today and they're too wide for me. Other than lining them with moleskin or some other hack, are there any options for having them modified to be more snug?

I may just post them for sale (they're lightly worn so no chance of a return) unless anyone has any tips.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you could put in a removable insole, heel pad, or tongue pad.

oroy38

Reaction score
Buying the right size is usually a pretty good trick.

randob300

Reaction score
Honestly, chalk it up to a learning experience and get your proper size. You'll never be happy with shoes that crease too much and aren't comfortable and feel floppy. Sell them while your resale is still as high as it is now.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tobyjoe
Thanks, I'll toss them on ebay or CL.

8 UK or US?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
dunno why I thought it was uk, empty hopes i guess

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in this case, US8= UK8 since you size down a full size on the Indys
teacha.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
full size down from what, regular sneaker size? damn it, now i'm curious again about these.....gotta run to alden thread

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
damn that's true.....toby what kind of sole on these?

tobyjoe

Reaction score
The standard sole - NeoCork, I think it's called. They're calf, too - not cordovan. They're the basic black (with white stitching) indy boots. With tax, 396. I'll probably post them to CL for $300 for NYC folks. I'm also heading to london in a few days if anyone wanted me to bring them along.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads