• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any tips to maintain a good body

Beekewalker

Reaction score
Hi,
I usually don't get much time to do all the exercise or play any games. But, I think it is high time that I will have to take care my body. So, I would like to get some tips to maintain a good body. Can anyone help me in this?
Thank you.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drink lots of water.....while you are boozing it up.

elmore

Reaction score
To lose weight or keep it off, is 90% down to diet rather than exercise. I avoid refined sugar and carbs as much as possible, train boxing / HIIT twice a week and do some lifting in between. If i'm on form i'll bang out 100 push ups on off days, and that's me done. But then i also do a ton of walking, which has always been a pleasure for me anyway. Basically re fitness, find something you enjoy doing. For me i have to train a skill (e.g. boxing, soccer etc, as i find just training for calorie burning's sake deathly dull), but each to their own.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To lose weight or keep it off, is 90% down to diet rather than exercise. I avoid refined sugar and carbs as much as possible, train boxing / HIIT twice a week and do some lifting in between. If i'm on form i'll bang out 100 push ups on off days, and that's me done. But then i also do a ton of walking, which has always been a pleasure for me anyway. Basically re fitness, find something you enjoy doing. For me i have to train a skill (e.g. boxing, soccer etc, as i find just training for calorie burning's sake deathly dull), but each to their own.
Agree with this, particularly the bolded. My sport of choice is rock climbing, which is basically body-weight exercises. I work out twice a week and keep a pretty clean diet, but wasn't able to lose weight until I made a small change to my diet: Eliminated bread to the maximum extent possible. I was able to drop ten pounds fairly rapidly by ordering a salad instead of a sandwich when I went out to eat.

raggedsweater

Reaction score
To lose weight or keep it off, is 90% down to diet rather than exercise.

Start with proper diet.

This advice is on point. A healthy body starts with the food you put into it. I fall of the wagon plenty throughout the year, but it's basically a matter of, "Do I know better than to eat this?" Much of healthy eating is common sense. Eat as much natural and unprocessed foods as you can, while avoiding anything that is prepackaged. However, a healthy diet also means that you have to eat. A lot of people go on "diets" that limit calories and nutrient intake. That's just going to put you in a malnourished state where your body won't have the right building blocks to support itself in the long run. Remember to eat and eat well. If you're hungry, then eat quality foods and drink plenty of water.

As far as exercise goes, find what you enjoy. Whatever you do, prioritize time for it.

RobertBrownJr

Reaction score
Follow a proper diet. Avoid red meat. You must somehow find time to exercise or go for walking. Exercising can make you fresh as well as make you relaxed and healthy. You must have proper sleep. If you have a pool at home, you can also go for swimming. It can reduce the unnecessary fat from the body.

What's the problem with red meat?

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize I'm a bit late to the party here. Taking better care of yourself / your body is a laudable goal. The most important thing is to know yourself and keep track of what you are doing. I never used a food journal when I was losing weight, but others swear by them. Whatever works for you and lets you be honest and accountable to yourself. Others are absolutely right; diet matters. Incremental changes can also make a big difference. Setting limits on how frequently you drink / how much you drink in a night is a big thing. Limiting the frequency with which you consume junk food is big (even taking a minute to ask, "Am I really going to enjoy this?" helps. Finding at least some time to exercise as well as standing up and walking a bit more during the day is another thing to do.

I managed to drop 40 pounds in six months by eating clean 5 days a week, allowing myself to splurge a bit two days a week (generally a splurge meal was partly offset by trying to eat a bit lighter during the rest of the day), cutting alcohol to no more than twice a week, and slowly building up my exercise (started around 2 hours a week, ended up closer to 6). The key for me was making sure what I did was sustainable and could easily be modified once I went from trying to lose weight to trying to maintain weight. Don't torture yourself; slow, steady, and sustainable wins the race. I also recognize that I am fallible, will at times get off track, and have to be able to calmly go right back to eating clean after a couple days of poor choices. Some people will be more or less successful doing what I did, but I think the general premises of making incremental changes that lead in the right direction and finding out what you can do sustainably (versus the crash diet followed by regaining weight after a binge) is pretty universally applicable.

John Blake

Reaction score
To maintain good body,first of all we should look for good diet and nutrition.Because not only gym or exercise we need a good diet too.It helps us to maintain our body to keep fit n be in shape.So look for a good diet first.Than we can come for some exercise and for that we need to get up early in the morning because the environment of morning also helps us to buff.

- Just Love Home

Carrie Rosado

Reaction score
Hi there, I think balanced diet is the main thing you need to focus to maintain a good body. Many of them have a habit of overeating. You need to eat clean and avoid eating junk food. If you don't have any idea about what to eat, you can also take the help of diet guide. My sister who was overweight, she started using guide régime which she bought online and I was surprised to see the she has started losing her weight. While discussing with her, she told me that fat burner food and drinks works good.

Jeremiah Say

Reaction score
Intermittent fasting works well for me. I tried 12 hours, 14 hours and then 16 hours respectively. I don't do much cardio but still maintaining healthy body mass, BMI and most importantly.. no fat belly now. I don't have a good metabolism to begin with so I won't complain. Intermittent fasting works for me!

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Intermittent fasting works well for me. I tried 12 hours, 14 hours and then 16 hours respectively. I don't do much cardio but still maintaining healthy body mass, BMI and most importantly.. no fat belly now. I don't have a good metabolism to begin with so I won't complain. Intermittent fasting works for me!

how much belly fat did you lose with this? I am still waiting for my exercise regimen to hit my belly fat so I'd be interested in adding fasting if it helps target that area

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads