1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Any Tips on Getting a Korean Girlfriend in Korea?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Daniel_Kemp, Jul 21, 2009.

1. sage_incognito

sage_incognito Active Member

Threadjack:
    I live in the American South and shower every day, sometimes twice, occasionally three times. The way you type "don't take a shower for only two days" makes me think daily showers aren't the norm? Are there really people (young professional types) that live in humid climes and don't shower at least once a day?

Daily shower is of course a must in Korea. It's humid and sultry in summer. What I meant by "only" is that some Americans, especially young G.I.'s don't bother washing. I finished my military service with U.S. soldiers about 10 years ago and found out that oddly enough quite a few young GI's don't bother washing. At that time several of my junior soldiers who shared barracks with them made repeated complaints about it. I often see people whose hair suggests they did not wash for "only" two days. Usually they are (no offense) drunken English teachers from U.S./Canada or Chinese travellers. Except for sharing stew pots, bad drinking habits, (and maybe using toilet paper as napkins at a cheap snack bar), I guess Koreans' sense of hygiene is quite high. Insisting on using wet tissue before meal and no death from SARS or SI, that is.

2. Tardek

Tardek Well-Known Member

Basically everything in this thread suggests that Korean girls are stuck up so-and-sos who only respect the almighty dollar, refuse to pull their own weight in a relationship or seek relationships with foreign men themselves without significant encouragement, and will probably leave you high and dry when their family tells them to ditch the marriage and go marry a good Korean boy.

Sounds like it's full of lose. Just go date an American Asian.

3. cheessus

cheessus Well-Known Member

Basically everything in this thread suggests that Korean girls are stuck up so-and-sos who only respect the almighty dollar, refuse to pull their own weight in a relationship or seek relationships with foreign men themselves without significant encouragement, and will probably leave you high and dry when their family tells them to ditch the marriage and go marry a good Korean boy.

Sounds like it's full of lose. Just go date an American Asian.

Many American Asians aren't that much better.

4. Macallan9

Macallan9 Well-Known Member

Basically everything in this thread suggests that Korean girls are stuck up so-and-sos who only respect the almighty dollar, refuse to pull their own weight in a relationship or seek relationships with foreign men themselves without significant encouragement, and will probably leave you high and dry when their family tells them to ditch the marriage and go marry a good Korean boy. Sounds like it's full of lose. Just go date an American Asian.
    This sounds like women and men of all races. How many times have you seen an american girl go ga-ga over some random european guy with an accent? As for the money grubbing and not pulling your weight in a relationship, well, I don't think i need to expand.

5. Tardek

Tardek Well-Known Member

This sounds like women and men of all races. How many times have you seen an american girl go ga-ga over some random european guy with an accent?

Heaps, but I put this down to an innate desire in all women not to date Americans.

6. ennui

ennui Well-Known Member

I just got back from a trip to Korea after not having visited for 6 years. I'd say that while it is true that Koreans are nowhere near as fat as Americans are, I definitely saw more plump people this time around than last time. I'm guessing this has something to do with the noticeable increase in the number of eateries specializing in non-Korean food.

7. X-It

X-It Well-Known Member

Hi.

Does anyone have any tips on getting a Korean girlfriend in Korea?

Does anyone care? [​IMG]

8. username79

username79 Well-Known Member

Heaps, but I put this down to an innate desire in all women not to date Americans.

Fa cough.

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

Go to parties at English cafes. That's a serious recommendation too. I farmed a ton of numbers by going to friday night gigs at English cafes. Of course, the only girl I was really interested in had a Korean boyfriend, but if you're just looking for fun, there are at least a couple girls every time who want some American vitamin D.

Is mmorpg-speak making its way in to dating now? That's so awesome. [​IMG]

10. DBoon

DBoon Well-Known Member

Dude, I've been camping this club for like 14 hours. They nerfed the drop rate on hot chix ever since they opened that KFC last year.

11. Metlin

Metlin Well-Known Member

FWIW, re: OP, I can talk a Korean girl in met in most places serving alcohol, into tongue kissing me and showing me her boobs within 5 minutes of meeting me. I don't necessarily exercise this, but yeah it happens. Korean girls in general don't come in dozens of sexy, but they do come in batches of 'better than North America by a long shot'

Ha. Depends on how you define sexy, of course. Having been to Seoul, the one thing that I noticed was the absolute lack of bust or a curvy bottom with very rare exceptions.

Now, don't get me wrong - the US has its own set of issues with how people treat their bodies; however, I'd also argue that the US has much more variety and you've a much higher chance of getting yourself a woman here than anywhere else.

I'd think that it would be easier to get a Korean girlfriend in the US than it would be in Korea. [​IMG]

12. greg_atlanta

greg_atlanta Well-Known Member

Resist the urge to badmouth religion, Korea is suprisingly churchy (protestant) for an asian country. Act like someone she could show off to her parents.

13. superfans124

superfans124 Well-Known Member

Beijing -> D.C. -> HK -> Beijing -> now where?
    Dude, I've been camping this club for like 14 hours. They nerfed the drop rate on hot chix ever since they opened that KFC last year.

lol, the lingo, then the situation deserves to be hot-fixed. [​IMG]