• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Tips on Getting a Korean Girlfriend in Korea?

Daniel_Kemp

Reaction score
Hi.

Does anyone have any tips on getting a Korean girlfriend in Korea?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Itaewon and walk up and down the back alleys after dark. If you look anything like your avatar you'll do just fine. If you see a girl you might be interested in, call out to her, "ya, yang Kong-ju ya!" and then ask her if she wants to drink "morning coffee".

Brian SD

Reaction score
Go to parties at English cafes. That's a serious recommendation too. I farmed a ton of numbers by going to friday night gigs at English cafes. Of course, the only girl I was really interested in had a Korean boyfriend, but if you're just looking for fun, there are at least a couple girls every time who want some American vitamin D.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ The last line is pure gold.
The same holds true in Japan, and I imagine most all non-English speaking countries. The best places to pick up girls who are looking for practice in next year's hot dog eating competition, are usually "Irish Pubs" or any other foreigner dive/hang out.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I know next to nothing about Korea, in general, I would say the same thing as for any country.

Speak the language there very well. It opens up your options substantially, instead of only looking for the English speakers.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be attractive and good at communicating your intentions with hand gestures.

sage_incognito

Reaction score
1. Trim your body
- Foreigners (provided you're a Caucasian) are quite hairy by Korean standard. A bit hairy chest is okay, but too much hair on your face or other parts will make Korean girls feel that they're dating with a Chubaka (think of Star Wars), not a human being.

2. Wash thoroughly your ass and Wear deodorants. (It's serious, man.)
- Koreans are a more or like homogenous race, hence they are quite sensitive about somewhat "alien" body odor. Remember few Northeast Asians reek underarm odor. Asians of course have their own body odor. (Chinese - oil, Japanese - fish, Koreans - garlic, for example). But Caucasian body odor is something they are unfamiliar with. (Koreans would call it "yellowish" smell). Therefore, Korean girls are extremely supersensitive about Caucasian or African body odor. Don't take a shower for only two days around this time, walk in a hot and sultry Seoul street for half an hour. Then Take a bus or subway. Everybody aboard will give you a slant, disgusting look.

3. Try to understand Korean culture; they will appreciate it very much.
- Most young Koreans can to some extent understand English thanks to the harsh education system. But English is totally different from Korean, and they are afraid of making mistakes. (It's a kind of culture not to be embarrassed in front of strangers with something they are poor at) They all know how much difficult to learn a foreign language. They will expect something reciprocal. Try to learn some their language and culture. They will show interest.

4. Do not touch their sensitive nerves - nationalism
- Young Koreans have a mixed feeling toward their national identity. Proud of what they've achieved for the past decades, but they still reveal a sense of inferiority and frustration. Korea is not a poor, backward country. It's simply located in a wrong place surrounded by big powers like China and Japan, influenced by the U.S. Never compare something Korean with Chinese or Japanese in a negative way: I would rather recommend hooking up with an Irish girl with praise on the English heritage and British empire.

5. You get what you pay for and behave for.
- Remeber, chaste girls from high class will not easily make "lovers" with foreigners. Those easy & cheap looking girls hanging out with shabby Americans on Itaewon or Hong dae clubs are simply "losers" to the eyes of Korean guys. Most of them are in fact not so appealing to Korean guys. Those girls are in a sense taking an ersatz.
- I often wonder or even resent why things (girls, culture, goods or services) best known to foreigners are rather cheap or knock off stuff. Places best known to foreigners like Itaewon or Hong dae area are in fact the least favorite places for cool and rich Korean guys to hang out. "Water quality" couldn't be worse, they would say. Kangnam Station or Apkujeong dong? Only for young kids who think Armanis and BMW's are the best luxury goods.
- The best Korean "elfves" are in other upscale places like Cheongdam dong or Karosu-gil in Shinsa dong. They are hanging out there inside luxury cafes or restaurants privy to upscale Koreans. Damn pretty and elegant girls are really hard to snatch for ordinary foreigners in baggy jeans or hip hop t-shirts. Those places are quite exclusive to rich guys. Try to impress them. Try to look regal. Are girls pretty there? You bet. Compare this way. Girls on Hongdae clubs or English cafes are cheap MTW suits from Itaewon. Those ladies at exclusive Cheongdam-dong cafes are bespoke classic label suit with Loro Piana fabric from Segi tailor.

6. It's universal: Sincerity will work, money will make things easier.

Good luck. Here's the truth.
- Amor vincit omnia. (love conquers all things)
- Pecuniate obediunt omnia. (all things obey money)

FYI, I'm Korean in my early 30's. Born in Korea, living in Seoul for more than 25 years. Also briefly lived in Boston (US, for study) and Lyon (France, when I was a toddler).

Daniel_Kemp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sage_incognito
1. Trim your body
- Foreigners (provided you're a Caucasian) are quite hairy by Korean standard. A bit hairy chest is okay, but too much hair on your face or other parts will make Korean girls feel that they're dating with a Chubaka (think of Star Wars), not a human being.

2. Wash thoroughly your ass and Wear deodorants. (It's serious, man.)
- Koreans are a more or like homogenous race, hence they are quite sensitive about somewhat "alien" body odor. Remember few Northeast Asians reek underarm odor. Asians of course have their own body odor. (Chinese - oil, Japanese - fish, Koreans - garlic, for example). But Caucasian body odor is something they are unfamiliar with. (Koreans would call it "yellowish" smell). Therefore, Korean girls are extremely supersensitive about Caucasian or African body odor. Don't take a shower for only two days around this time, walk in a hot and sultry Seoul street for half an hour. Then Take a bus or subway. Everybody aboard will give you a slant, disgusting look.

3. Try to understand Korean culture; they will appreciate it very much.
- Most young Koreans can to some extent understand English thanks to the harsh education system. But English is totally different from Korean, and they are afraid of making mistakes. (It's a kind of culture not to be embarrassed in front of strangers with something they are poor at) They all know how much difficult to learn a foreign language. They will expect something reciprocal. Try to learn some their language and culture. They will show interest.

4. Do not touch their sensitive nerves - nationalism
- Young Koreans have a mixed feeling toward their national identity. Proud of what they've achieved for the past decades. Still surrounded by big powers like China and Japan, they often show frustration and a sense of inferiority. Never compare something Korean with Chinese or Japanese in a negative way: I would rather recommend hooking up with an Irish girl with praise on the English heritage and British empire.

5. You get what you pay for and behave for.
- Remeber, chaste girls from high class will not easily make friends with foreigners. Those easy & cheap looking girls hanging out with shabby Americans on Itaewon or Hong dae clubs are "losers" to the eyes of Korean guys. The best Korean "elfves" are in other upscale places like Cheongdam dong or Karosu-gil in Shinsa dong. They are really hard to snatch for ordinary foreigners in baggy jeans or hip hop t-shirts. Those places are quite exclusive to rich guys. Try to impress them. Try to look regal.

6. It's universal: Sincerity will work, money will make things easier.

Good luck. Here's the truth.
- Amor vincit omnia. (love conquers all things)
- Pecuniate obediunt omnia. (all things obey money)

FYI, I'm Korean in my early 30's. Born in Korea, living in Seoul for more than 25 years. Also briefly lived in Boston (US, for study) and Lyon (France, when I was a toddler).

Wow. Awesome stuff sage_incognito. Thanks.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup he basically summed up the Korean culture. I find that most foreigners who are not overly proud blend in well with the locals. You're in a new town, take the time to enjoy it and absorb the culture. And then flash all of your american documents that show you are an american citizen. hahaha....jk.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
99% of Sage's advice is necessary to get any girl anywhere.

1. Take care of your body: shave/trim
2. Take care of your body #2: Shower, deodarant, moisturize
3. Don't be ignorant
4. Don't be ignorant
5. Like trashy girls? Go for girls that like hopeless guys. Like the opposite? Go for the opposite.
6. Be sincere, but if you can don't be broke.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
99% of Sage's advice is necessary to get any girl anywhere.

1. Take care of your body: shave/trim
2. Take care of your body #2: Shower, deodarant, moisturize
3. Don't be ignorant
4. Don't be ignorant
5. Like trashy girls? Go for girls that like hopeless guys. Like the opposite? Go for the opposite.
6. Be sincere, but if you can don't be broke.

Nice summary.

office drone

Reaction score
Epic post, sage_incognito! I guess b/c all Korean men have to put in mandatory military service, the women have a preference to men that are somewhat fit??

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by office drone
Epic post, sage_incognito! I guess b/c all Korean men have to put in mandatory military service, the women have a preference to men that are somewhat fit??
No...Koreans are generally not as fat as Americans are
tongue.gif
I'm considered big in Korea with a 29 waist and 38 chest, so you get an idea of how anorexic Koreans want to be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads