• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any thoughts on this suit?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will like it more if it is a two button jacket

Very tasteful on the waistcoat

May I ask who make this garment?

newinny

Reaction score
Too tight. Pulling at button in most pictures.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first thought is that it's an interesting mix of formal and less formal. You're wearing a vest which is typically dressier, but then you have patch pockets, which says casual or sporty. Then mix in the peak lapels and roped shoulder and you have a lot of styling going on. That being said, I've followed your website and know that mixing and stepping outside the box seems to be your M.O. If you let out the waist a tad it all puts together ok.

Then again, it yells southern lawyer, not big city Philly counsel.

Last edited:

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
Not to thread-jack, but using the Viaduct for this shoot is all kinds of awesome.

erk

Reaction score
I've often wondered, do you pay a photographer, or do you have a big fan that follows you around?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like something 3-stacks would sport.........you can pull it off, but I've seen you do better.

I'm not a fan of the vest.........too many buttons IMO.

emc894

Reaction score
I personally don't think one-button peak lapels, and very roped shoulders, are good choices with patch pockets, or on tweedy suits.

Also, there appears to be some puckering by the buttoning point.

That being said, I think it looks pretty good if less conservative is the kind of style/look you like.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Don't like the waistcoat. Looks like you're wearing a tweed wifebeater over your shirt and tie!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
looks too small. i think if you lose the vest the jacket would fit better and make the overall look a little better. Personally, i really like peak lapels and patch pockets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads