• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any thoughts about this Ralph Lauren navy blazer?

Broadus

Reaction score
Belk has Lauren by Ralph Lauren on sale today for $179 with free shipping. Any thoughts?

Also, I've read a lot posts about Anderson-Little's classic navy blazer ($159 shipped), so that may be a viable option. I need to find a navy blazer for under $200. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

matsui

Reaction score
What size are you looking for? I have an RL same as that one I only wore once, then lost weight, and am looking to sell.

silvere2

Reaction score
Well, it's not made by Ralph Lauren, for one, but by Jones New York. Second, I would never spend $175 on the crap Lauren sidebrand.

Broadus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matsui
What size are you looking for? I have an RL same as that one I only wore once, then lost weight, and am looking to sell.

42R

Originally Posted by silvere2
Well, it's not made by Ralph Lauren, for one, but by Jones New York. Second, I would never spend $175 on the crap Lauren sidebrand.

So that's what "Lauren by Ralph Lauren" means?

Do you have another suggestion of a navy blazer under $200? How about the Anderson-Little blazer?

Thanks.

saiyar1

Reaction score
The Anderson Little is fine. Are you looking only for new? If not you may have some luck on eBay. Check out Polo Ralph Lauren (with the blue label in the inside lining).

The Lauren by Ralph Lauren is a licensing agreement for a manufacturer to use Ralph's name. It's not designed by Ralph Lauren. They are the most economical line and dont compare to the other real Ralph lines. That's why you won't see enthusiasts on here talking nicely about it.

Broadus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saiyar1
The Anderson Little is fine. Are you looking only for new? If not you may have some luck on eBay. Check out Polo Ralph Lauren (with the blue label in the inside lining). The Lauren by Ralph Lauren is a licensing agreement for a manufacturer to use Ralph's name. It's not designed by Ralph Lauren. They are the most economical line and dont compare to the other real Ralph lines. That's why you won't see enthusiasts on here talking nicely about it.
I'm fine with pre-worn, but I have no clue about brands. I would appreciate any help in that direction.

juvefan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Broadus
I'm fine with pre-worn, but I have no clue about brands. I would appreciate any help in that direction.

Chaps and Lauren have bought the right to put rl besides their name.
plain.gif

Will C.

Reaction score
The presence of flap pockets instead of patch pockets on that blazer is a minus.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think blazers with metal buttons look horrendous. Get a navy sport coat and thank me later.

Raralith

Reaction score

How comfortable are you with the measurements of your clothing? That's probably the biggest problem starting out and wanting to buy online because the deals can be so damn good. For $200 though, The Anderson Little Blazer is good and seems highly liked on AAAC, and based on their website, it looks like they have a satisfcation guarentee so you can probably get a size swap if it doesn't fit well.

Originally Posted by landshark
Honestly I think blazers with metal buttons look horrendous. Get a navy sport coat and thank me later.

Blazers (which have metal buttons) are a bit more versital, in my opinion, than sports coats. Blazers can be much more easily dressed down and up; jeans for clubbing, slacks for a dress code restaurant. You can always change the buttons around too like pewter if you don't want shiny brass.

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
I was told to stay away from Lauren.

Belk has Lauren by Ralph Lauren on sale today for $179 with free shipping. Any thoughts?

Also, I've read a lot posts about Anderson-Little's classic navy blazer ($159 shipped), so that may be a viable option. I need to find a navy blazer for under $200. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

lightsaber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raralith

Blazers (which have metal buttons) are a bit more versital, in my opinion, than sports coats. Blazers can be much more easily dressed down and up; jeans for clubbing

jeans + metal buttoned navy blazer at a club (or anywhere, for that matter) = dorky.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you're a true 42r and moderately familiar with your measurements (pit to pit, sleeve, length and what shoulder width you like), you can do a LOT better than that on ebay. even if y ou're not, i picked up a 42s polo italy blue flannel blazer for around $70, IIRC. i did change out the metal buttons.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I was in Belk today and there is also an unadvertised sale on men's suiting, 30% off which stacks onto current sales.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Give that Lauren a miss. Add an extra $150, and you may be able to find a Navy Polo suit new with tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads