Any thoughts about this Ralph Lauren navy blazer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Broadus, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Broadus

Broadus Well-Known Member

Belk has Lauren by Ralph Lauren on sale today for $179 with free shipping. Any thoughts?

Also, I've read a lot posts about Anderson-Little's classic navy blazer ($159 shipped), so that may be a viable option. I need to find a navy blazer for under $200. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. matsui

matsui Well-Known Member

What size are you looking for? I have an RL same as that one I only wore once, then lost weight, and am looking to sell.

3. silvere2

silvere2 Well-Known Member

Well, it's not made by Ralph Lauren, for one, but by Jones New York. Second, I would never spend $175 on the crap Lauren sidebrand.

4. Broadus

What size are you looking for? I have an RL same as that one I only wore once, then lost weight, and am looking to sell.

42R

Well, it's not made by Ralph Lauren, for one, but by Jones New York. Second, I would never spend $175 on the crap Lauren sidebrand.

So that's what "Lauren by Ralph Lauren" means?

Do you have another suggestion of a navy blazer under $200? How about the Anderson-Little blazer?

Thanks.

5. saiyar1

saiyar1 Senior member

The Anderson Little is fine. Are you looking only for new? If not you may have some luck on eBay. Check out Polo Ralph Lauren (with the blue label in the inside lining).

The Lauren by Ralph Lauren is a licensing agreement for a manufacturer to use Ralph's name. It's not designed by Ralph Lauren. They are the most economical line and dont compare to the other real Ralph lines. That's why you won't see enthusiasts on here talking nicely about it.

6. Broadus

The Anderson Little is fine. Are you looking only for new? If not you may have some luck on eBay. Check out Polo Ralph Lauren (with the blue label in the inside lining). The Lauren by Ralph Lauren is a licensing agreement for a manufacturer to use Ralph's name. It's not designed by Ralph Lauren. They are the most economical line and dont compare to the other real Ralph lines. That's why you won't see enthusiasts on here talking nicely about it.
    I'm fine with pre-worn, but I have no clue about brands. I would appreciate any help in that direction.

7. juvefan

juvefan Senior member

I'm fine with pre-worn, but I have no clue about brands. I would appreciate any help in that direction.

Chaps and Lauren have bought the right to put rl besides their name. [​IMG]

8. Will C.

Will C. Senior member

The presence of flap pockets instead of patch pockets on that blazer is a minus.

9. landshark

landshark Senior member

Honestly I think blazers with metal buttons look horrendous. Get a navy sport coat and thank me later.

10. Raralith

Raralith Senior member

How comfortable are you with the measurements of your clothing? That's probably the biggest problem starting out and wanting to buy online because the deals can be so damn good. For $200 though, The Anderson Little Blazer is good and seems highly liked on AAAC, and based on their website, it looks like they have a satisfcation guarentee so you can probably get a size swap if it doesn't fit well.

Honestly I think blazers with metal buttons look horrendous. Get a navy sport coat and thank me later.

Blazers (which have metal buttons) are a bit more versital, in my opinion, than sports coats. Blazers can be much more easily dressed down and up; jeans for clubbing, slacks for a dress code restaurant. You can always change the buttons around too like pewter if you don't want shiny brass.

11. BlackBrumel

BlackBrumel Senior member

I was told to stay away from Lauren.

Belk has Lauren by Ralph Lauren on sale today for $179 with free shipping. Any thoughts?

Also, I've read a lot posts about Anderson-Little's classic navy blazer ($159 shipped), so that may be a viable option. I need to find a navy blazer for under $200. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

12. lightsaber

lightsaber Senior member

Blazers (which have metal buttons) are a bit more versital, in my opinion, than sports coats. Blazers can be much more easily dressed down and up; jeans for clubbing

jeans + metal buttoned navy blazer at a club (or anywhere, for that matter) = dorky.

13. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    if you're a true 42r and moderately familiar with your measurements (pit to pit, sleeve, length and what shoulder width you like), you can do a LOT better than that on ebay. even if y ou're not, i picked up a 42s polo italy blue flannel blazer for around $70, IIRC. i did change out the metal buttons.

14. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

For what it's worth, I was in Belk today and there is also an unadvertised sale on men's suiting, 30% off which stacks onto current sales.

15. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Give that Lauren a miss. Add an extra $150, and you may be able to find a Navy Polo suit new with tags.