1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Any suits like Oxxford 1220?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dreamspace, Dec 7, 2012.

1. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

So I recently got this 1220 navy sports coat, and it's probably the best fitting OTR coat I've ever tried. I also like the styling, wider lapels, lower button stance, soft shoulders. I don't have 3k$ to blow on a brand new 1220 suit(which would come close to 4k$ after import taxes), so I guess I'll have to either keep watching ebay/classifieds, or eventually find something that's similar.

I think the most important part would be soft shoulders. I have quite sloping shoulders, and the coats with no or little padding seem to look best on me. And for aesthetics, the wider lapel/lower button stance is quite pleasing to me.

Anything in the 1k$ range that can be compared (spec wise)? New or used...

1220 navy suit if you haven't seen one:

[​IMG]