1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any streetwear places in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by lapu lapu, May 4, 2006.

1. ruach

ruach Well-Known Member

It just came in today. I'm actually at work right now taking pictures of it all and should have a blog post done either tonight or tomorrow. I'll post here when I get it up.

We got grey wool M65s, a cardigan, long rain coats, long shawl-neck coats, hoodies, jeans, and three types of scarves. We're expecting more, too, including the Buzz Rickson MA-1.

2. ruach

ruach Well-Known Member

3. jet

jet Senior member

Nice stuff though I can't see the prices really being justified.

4. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

nice. what's the next shipment going to include?

5. tundrafour

tundrafour Senior member

This is a great post. Having already visited to Goods and both Ian locations and not seen too much (though the downtown Ian does admittedly have a really nice Rag & Bone coat...), I'm looking forward to having new places, including Blackbird (I might actually be moving to a new apartment in Ballard in a month or so) to check out. It's too bad I don't really have the money to get some cool new stuff!

6. ruach

ruach Well-Known Member

nice. what's the next shipment going to include?
    I think we're getting three styles of jeans (raw grey, something that "doesn't look like denim", and maybe something else), Buzz Rickson MA-1, and.. I think other stuff which I am not remembering right now. JET: Yeah I have pretty mixed feelings about the prices. A lot of it is really nice but indeed really expensive. It will be interesting to see how well it's going to do in Seattle.

7. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

the prices on the coats seem a little bit more expensive then what they are in boston. regardless very pricey. i'm also curious how well it will do in seattle. in boston, it's flying off the shelves.

8. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

Man! This is killing me. There's a warehouse sale at obakki (local vancouver brand) this weekend, but now that Blackbird carries Nom de Guerre I'm tempted to visit Seattle instead… and I can't make both. Dammit. [​IMG] What to do, what to do… ?

9. jet

jet Senior member

I think we're getting three styles of jeans (raw grey, something that "doesn't look like denim", and maybe something else), Buzz Rickson MA-1, and.. I think other stuff which I am not remembering right now.

JET: Yeah I have pretty mixed feelings about the prices. A lot of it is really nice but indeed really expensive. It will be interesting to see how well it's going to do in Seattle.

I know what you mean, at those price points I'm spending a little more and getting more than marginally better stuff. Their pricing is the result of their recent success but I think the inflation will taper off once demand declines because they will be out-stepping their market. Also, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the pricing across the range. The cardigan is reasonably priced yet the others aren't such as the hoodie, 382? Give me a break. I will own some of their stuff if I find things that grab me. I do like their bleached jeans though, might have to do a diy.

10. ruach

ruach Well-Known Member

Also, it's worth mentioning that unfortunately the only thing we got in a size small is the hoodie. Everything else was medium and above. [​IMG]

11. thisisme

thisisme Senior member

Man! This is killing me. There's a warehouse sale at obakki (local vancouver brand) this weekend, but now that Blackbird carries Nom de Guerre I'm tempted to visit Seattle instead... and I can't make both.

Dammit. [​IMG] What to do, what to do... ?

where

12. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

where
    Here it goes: Obakki Warehouse Sale #202 - 141 West 7th Ave, Vancouver 11:00 am - 5:00 pm, Nov 4th & 5th Apparently they'll have the last two collections there (not the F/W 06/07) or maybe even some before that, not sure.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Also, it's worth mentioning that unfortunately the only thing we got in a size small is the hoodie. Everything else was medium and above. [​IMG]

That was the same deal at Stels (although they didn't get the awesome, but mind bogglingly priced hoodie.) Nothing below a medium, which works for me, because their medium fits me perfectly. I think that the stuff will work in Seattle. The prices are high, but their is a decent market for boutique brands in that pricepoint there. The Seattle market is about as conservative pricewise as the Boston market. The only thing that Boston really has them beat on here is the weather. Cold weather means more demand for warm coats.

14. jet

jet Senior member

Ruach,

Did you guys get the light grey two tone cardigan? Let me know and how much please.

15. ruach

ruach Well-Known Member

If we did get it, it wasn't with the last shipment. I'll try to remember to ask about it tomorrow though.

16. thisisme

thisisme Senior member

Here it goes:

Obakki Warehouse Sale
    #202 - 141 West 7th Ave, Vancouver
    11:00 am - 5:00 pm, Nov 4th & 5th

Apparently they'll have the last two collections there (not the F/W 06/07) or maybe even some before that, not sure.

how does their stuff run im a really small guy

17. jet

jet Senior member

If we did get it, it wasn't with the last shipment. I'll try to remember to ask about it tomorrow though.

thanks man

18. Jared

Jared Senior member

Just noticed on Blackbird's blog that they're having a 25%-off sale tomorrow (Wednesday, December 13).