1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any source for quality pants?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Monster, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Monster

Monster Active Member

Basically, my collection of pants is sorely lacking, and of poor quality, in comparison to my collection of button down shirts.

My work environment is business casual, and I would like to look a bit better put together, but for some reason I struggle when it comes to finding pants.

I can't buy the pre-hemmed off the rack, as I wear a 32 waist..and inseam falls around a 31.

Also, should I buy two pairs of the same pant? One for wearing with loafer type shoes and the other for "regular" shoes (for lack of a better term)? Obviously the break varies depending on shoe.

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

Basically, my collection of pants is sorely lacking, and of poor quality, in comparison to my collection of button down shirts.

My work environment is business casual, and I would like to look a bit better put together, but for some reason I struggle when it comes to finding pants.

I can't buy the pre-hemmed off the rack, as I wear a 32 waist..and inseam falls around a 31.

Also, should I buy two pairs of the same pant? One for wearing with loafer type shoes and the other for "regular" shoes (for lack of a better term)? Obviously the break varies depending on shoe.

a price range would help people give suggestions.

3. Monster

Monster Active Member

I don't know.
    Less than $150?

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, you could always buy the longer length and have them taken up. I've found some terrific bargains this way.

5. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

6. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

Thanks a lot Foxx... no love for me.

7. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

8. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Take a look at STP for odd trousers.

9. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior Member

I'm not sure what kind of response this will get, but I'd suggest that without a jacket, flat-fronts are the way to go. I like (forward-) pleats in a suit, but not flying solo...

It's also the slightly dressier option.

10. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Distinguished Member

Hello,

What makes you think 32x31 is hard to find? Land's End sells pants in that size. Are you looking for wool?