• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any source for quality pants?

Monster

Reaction score
Basically, my collection of pants is sorely lacking, and of poor quality, in comparison to my collection of button down shirts.

My work environment is business casual, and I would like to look a bit better put together, but for some reason I struggle when it comes to finding pants.

I can't buy the pre-hemmed off the rack, as I wear a 32 waist..and inseam falls around a 31.

Also, should I buy two pairs of the same pant? One for wearing with loafer type shoes and the other for "regular" shoes (for lack of a better term)? Obviously the break varies depending on shoe.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Monster
Basically, my collection of pants is sorely lacking, and of poor quality, in comparison to my collection of button down shirts.

My work environment is business casual, and I would like to look a bit better put together, but for some reason I struggle when it comes to finding pants.

I can't buy the pre-hemmed off the rack, as I wear a 32 waist..and inseam falls around a 31.

Also, should I buy two pairs of the same pant? One for wearing with loafer type shoes and the other for "regular" shoes (for lack of a better term)? Obviously the break varies depending on shoe.

a price range would help people give suggestions.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Foxx... no love for me.

The False Prophet

Reaction score
I'm not sure what kind of response this will get, but I'd suggest that without a jacket, flat-fronts are the way to go. I like (forward-) pleats in a suit, but not flying solo...

It's also the slightly dressier option.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

What makes you think 32x31 is hard to find? Land's End sells pants in that size. Are you looking for wool?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.