• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any report on the Barneys sale?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went this afternoon ( Thursday ) and it was empty. There weren't as many merchandise that got me excited. I did purchase a Martin Margiela Tweed Jacket 75 percent off. Someone beat me to a Brioni sportscoat that was also 75 percent off. I was at the warehouse sale last year F/W 2005-06 and there were more merchandise. I'll try to come back on Monday ( last day ) as I suspect they will be slashing more prices!

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
what were the shoes like?

Not fantastic. I got a pair of Ferragamo suede mocs in a sort of tan color. I can't wear drivers, I need more support, so these were instead. Very soft, nice, and half off. That was just about all that got me excited. I plan to go back on Sunday.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I picked up a pair of C&J suede monks for a very good price. There were a number of Branchini that, while ugly to the eye, looked strangely beautiful when worn. Unfortunately, none in my size.

lefty

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did see a pair of Crocket and Jones suede shoes that I was interested in but only 50 percent off. There were chelseas, 12' boots, etc. Still, overall-- I've seen better selections from their previous warehouse sales. I wonder if the really good ones are gone.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
I did see a pair of Crocket and Jones suede shoes that I was interested in but only 50 percent off. There were chelseas, 12' boots, etc. Still, overall-- I've seen better selections from their previous warehouse sales. I wonder if the really good ones are gone.

I got lucky. These were hand grade at about 65% off.

lefty

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
I got lucky. These were hand grade at about 65% off.

lefty

Yeah.. you got lucky for sure. I'm sure it was the second mark down. The pair I saw was marked down only once. At any rate, I may come back there on Monday which is the sale's last day.

andyw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Yeah.. you got lucky for sure. I'm sure it was the second mark down. The pair I saw was marked down only once. At any rate, I may come back there on Monday which is the sale's last day.

BTW, the NYC Warehouse Sale ends Sunday March 4th.

Dan G

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of C&J Belgravia loafers for $299. There were both black and cordovan colored cordovan penny loafers in 11 1/2 D for $399 (top shelf). Also noticed a bunch of handgrades (many at $299) in much smaller sizes. Lots of Tods loafers around $160-200.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of the suede chukkas, the Camberley in tobacco calf suede. A handgrade C&J boot for $375. I couldn't pass it up, and there wasn't much left in size 10. There are Belgravias' all over the place. Also seemed to be more variety in the size 7 and 8 range. Happy hunting.

No additional markdowns yet. Its been my experience that the C&Js go so fast that there's no point waiting for the markdowns.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spoke briefly with some of the people assigned to the shoe-room. They seemed to suggest that there wasn't much else beyond what they had in the stock-room. And it sounded like that stuff was already out on the shelves. So I didn't get the impression that there would be massive re-stocking day-by-day of the shelves.

I tried my shoes on next to a guy trying on the cordovan C&Js. I think they had a double sole, they looked substantial but elegant.

The Tods shoes looked pretty nice too.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Sometimes I wonder about the people who snag the good stuff early at such sales. Do they all post on SF? If not, why not? Who are these people?

exactly. Who are all these mythic people that buy the gear that only gets press on message boards???? Seriously, sometimes I wonder who's wearing all this stuff that is sold out before I get to it.....not like I ever see them out on the street.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
exactly. Who are all these mythic people that buy the gear that only gets press on message boards???? Seriously, sometimes I wonder who's wearing all this stuff that is sold out before I get to it.....not like I ever see them out on the street.

I'm on the lookout for the guy who snagged the Isaia suit I was considering while my back was turned. Better hope we don't meet in a dark alley, Pal.

I was also told that all the "designer" shoes were out.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads