1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any Recs for a Minimalist Bed?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by emptym, Oct 8, 2008.

1. gnagy

gnagy New Member

Does any one have any information on where I can buy one or instructions on how to build one?

2. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Don't ever buy assedembly required garbage from Ikea or any other stylish furniture stores. They are junk that would squeak after a few months.

Not in my experience. Had an IKEA bed for a good 6 years, which was assembled and disassembled at least 10 times for various moves. Gave it to the sis, and it is still pretty solid for the $250 or so I paid for it. You probably just need to learn how to use an allen wrench and follow assembly instructions.

3. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Does any one have any information on where I can buy one or instructions on how to build one?

http://www.thdesign.dk/index.php?opt...d=80&Itemid=50

Maybe building wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.

4. blahblah8

blahblah8 New Member

what is that bed called? manufacturer?

5. pascali29

pascali29 New Member

6. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Not sure if OP is still around. Some basic suggestions:

Don't buy a name brand mattress. They are only one-sided due to private equity owners realizing they could shorten the life of them by (a) sewing in a mattress topper that would die sooner (b) only including one side.

I'd suggest going with a natural Talalay latex mattress from a local latex manufacturer. They basically cut it to size.

Alternatively, you can order Sleep Innovations on Amazon which is basically a foam mattress that is pretty nice and inexpensive. Or Ikea mattresses which aren't terrible.

If you go with a foam mattress you will need a solid bottom vs a slat bottom.

1 person likes this.