• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any recommendations for (little to no shoulder pad) Affordable suits ($400-1000)?

sojupapi

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have problems with many off the rack suits due to my broad shoulders, so suit jackets with little to no shoulder pads fit the best for me. Any recommendations? I wear a 38S in most brands. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I hate shoulder padding and roping. I'd consider Caruso and Eidos at that price range. I personally have 3 Eidos Tenero suits and they fit me great OTR. I would also try Thick as Thieves. They're a vendor on here and they make custom suits. They're great to deal with and prices are more than reasonable. Best of luck mate

sojupapi

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I hate shoulder padding and roping. I'd consider Caruso and Eidos at that price range. I personally have 3 Eidos Tenero suits and they fit me great OTR. I would also try Thick as Thieves. They're a vendor on here and they make custom suits. They're great to deal with and prices are more than reasonable. Best of luck mate
Great, thanks for sharing. I'll take a look into Eidos and Caruso. I'm curious about Reiss suits, but they don't offer short sizes.

Lancaster

Reaction score
I second the recommendation for Thick as Thieves.

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would also look into Benjamin suits by Ehaberdasher, which is a vendor on SF too. The proprietor, Benjamin, is a great guy to work with.

mux8

Reaction score
Spier & Mackay

Which fit?

What about some of the havannah suits from SuitSupply? They are unstructured .

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spier & Mackay

Which fit?

What about some of the havannah suits from SuitSupply? They are unstructured .
Contemporary or slim, the padding is the same.

The suits have minor padding at the sleevecap AFAIK, whereas the sports coats have no padding in the shoulder or sleevecap.

rainmaker

Reaction score
Contemporary or slim, the padding is the same.

The suits have minor padding at the sleevecap AFAIK, whereas the sports coats have no padding in the shoulder or sleevecap.
In the details of the suit, some will say specifically that they are unpadded, have a spalla camicia shoulder, etc.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have problems with many off the rack suits due to my broad shoulders, so suit jackets with little to no shoulder pads fit the best for me. Any recommendations? I wear a 38S in most brands. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Oliver Wicks

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ring Jacket.

edit: it's a bit above your price range at $1.5k.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.