1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any place to get mtm khaki's in hong kong

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by elliottchow, Aug 27, 2009.

1. elliottchow

elliottchow Senior member

Would anyone know of such a place in hk where i could get a pair of mtm khaki's at a decent price?

2. elliottchow

3. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

I don't know the answer to your question. I would suggest doing a forum search for "hong kong mtm" or something of the sort. I would guess the topic (probably not khakis, specifically) has been discussed.

4. CharlesAlexander

CharlesAlexander Senior member

I wasn't aware that anybody did MTM khakis.

5. The Louche

The Louche Senior member

I wasn't aware that anybody did MTM khakis.

Why wouldn't they? My guess is that someone, somewhere will do them. I'd bet that the cost might be hard to justify, however, given that they will wear out quickly.

6. elliottchow

yup have done my search but all searches normally just turn up for wool slacks only so was curious if anybody else knew about kahki's

7. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

yup have done my search but all searches normally just turn up for wool slacks only so was curious if anybody else knew about kahki's

The reason for that is most don't use mtm for an essentially disposable piece of clothing. But, I see no reason why any tailor who does mtm wool pants wouldn't be willing to do the same for cotton pants.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

pretty much any tailor should make khakis. I had my khakis made at the same tailor who made my suits, and they have lasted just as long.

9. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Is cotton inherently less durable than wool? I'd think it was the other way around.

10. registrar1900

registrar1900 Well-Known Member

Would anyone know of such a place in hk where i could get a pair of mtm khaki's at a decent price?

Interesting question. I'd ask your regular HK tailor if they carry cotton fabrics they carry. Decent price is relative so some $ parameters would give more feedback.

I bit the bullet and started getting khaki cotton trousers made when I visit HK. They run about US$120 a pair. I get to choose exactly the heft of fabric to get a drape I like (there are now two fabrics I order with the tailor). My problem is my physique doesn't lend it self to RTW and I end up spending tailoring for hemming and some adjustments here and there. In terms of strict $s I do better when I get a deal on SF incotex with nice fabric and workmanship but for $60-70 more I get pants that fit perfect (lost my first 2 pairs to an inch of good living). I also got a perfect hidden waistband pocket for my old phone (razr) that didn't mess up the line of my trousers and was in a comforable place.

I love the way my MTM khakis look. My wife thinks they elongate my legs (look taller) and are also slimming. At 5'5" vertical and more inches circumference than I care to think about...I need all the slimming and height help I can get.

Hope this helps. If you are interested PM and I will send you the details of the tailor I support.

11. erdavis

erdavis Senior member

Right now A-Man is making me a MTM pair of Khaki's. Just had fitting on Saturday.

12. modern_leifeng

modern_leifeng Senior member

The problem, for me, with tailored khakis is that the cotton options most tailors have is typically a suitting cotton, whereas I like a khaki with a little more heft to it.

13. instep

instep Senior member

Is cotton inherently less durable than wool? I'd think it was the other way around.
    Yes, it is.

14. erdavis

erdavis Senior member

Right now A-Man is making me a MTM pair of Khaki's. Just had fitting on Saturday.

Got the pants today. They are very well constructed. Total bill $1800 HKD. I had given a pair of Incotex as a model.

From my perspective A-Man is highly recommended. I am going to get him to do for me 3-4 more pairs of Khaki's.

15. Baby Pink

Baby Pink Well-Known Member

pls post pic. how is the fabric selection option? any heavy fabrics?

16. Diego Cuenca

Diego Cuenca New Member

Interesting question. I'd ask your regular HK tailor if they carry cotton fabrics they carry. Decent price is relative so some $ parameters would give more feedback.

I bit the bullet and started getting khaki cotton trousers made when I visit HK. They run about US$120 a pair. I get to choose exactly the heft of fabric to get a drape I like (there are now two fabrics I order with the tailor). My problem is my physique doesn't lend it self to RTW and I end up spending tailoring for hemming and some adjustments here and there. In terms of strict $s I do better when I get a deal on SF incotex with nice fabric and workmanship but for $60-70 more I get pants that fit perfect (lost my first 2 pairs to an inch of good living). I also got a perfect hidden waistband pocket for my old phone (razr) that didn't mess up the line of my trousers and was in a comforable place.

I love the way my MTM khakis look. My wife thinks they elongate my legs (look taller) and are also slimming. At 5'5" vertical and more inches circumference than I care to think about...I need all the slimming and height help I can get.

Hope this helps. If you are interested PM and I will send you the details of the tailor I support.

May I ask the tailor you visited as I have exactly the same sort of situation except im 5'7" with big thighs