• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any pics of the new Allen Edmonds "Seven" ?

Engi

Reaction score
Hi all,
I read that Allen Edmonds presented several new models; I'm interested in seeing pics of the "Seven" shoes. Any feedback about this line ? Price ?

Thanks and waiting for your answers,

Engi

Haruspex

Reaction score
Not really a helpful response, but I wanted to mention that I went in the Connecticut Ave AE store in DC on Saturday specifically to ask about the Seven line. The salesperson was remarkably indifferent, staring out the window as I spoke to him, giving non-committal responses to my few polite questions, including:

"I've seen photos of the Seven series online "” do you have any currently, or know when they'll be arriving? I'm due back in DC in a few weeks, I'd love to try"”"

"No. We don't have them."

Pause. "Ah. And so, do you know when you might?"

"No."

I was wearing AE's (Lamberts) for chrissakes. Carrying a bag from Brooks and one from Burberry. Clearly ready to lay down some money. Baffling.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^ I bet you're young. I get the same treatment a lot of the time.

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe there was a previous thread regarding this topic with some hard to see pictures. If you email AE, they will send you a booklet and sheet with all of the new models. I have held one pair and it seems to be very nicely done. IIRC, price is around $550.

Haruspex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
^^ I bet you're young.

Ah, were that but so. [Crank the Prufrock strains here.] No, a pretty average middle-aged white guy in sober dress casual. Perhaps a bit bleary from a late night at Bistro du Coin the night before, but nonetheless treated attentively and well by store clerks at previously visited stores.

No big deal -- any number of factors could be involved. But... it was my first visit to an actual Allen Edmonds brick and mortar establishment, and I was anticipating some serious shoe love. So, I went next to Filene's and staunched my wounded pride with discounted Pantherella socks.

Sorry for the derail.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know the SCP store has them for sure. I would imagine the NY store does as well.

Engi

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers up to now received.

Ciao

Engi

Engi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02
I purchased a pair...I will post pics tonight

Thanks, I will wait for your pics !!!

Did you pay full retail ?

Ciao

Engi

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the other thread, I thought the price was 350. I like the Tresana, personally.

b

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Haruspex
Not really a helpful response, but I wanted to mention that I went in the Connecticut Ave AE store in DC on Saturday specifically to ask about the Seven line. The salesperson was remarkably indifferent, staring out the window as I spoke to him, giving non-committal responses to my few polite questions, including:

"I've seen photos of the Seven series online "” do you have any currently, or know when they'll be arriving? I'm due back in DC in a few weeks, I'd love to try"”"

"No. We don't have them."

Pause. "Ah. And so, do you know when you might?"

"No."

I was wearing AE's (Lamberts) for chrissakes. Carrying a bag from Brooks and one from Burberry. Clearly ready to lay down some money. Baffling.

Was it the manager? The gentleman with a beard/goatee? I went in there to grab some trees, some polish and brushes (stuff thats a pain to travel with) and he was very nice, we had a great conversation... even about the seven line... And I'm twenty, thats kinda lame.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen them at the AE Seconds store already. They are also listed in the Seconds catalog. I forgot what the price was though.

Haruspex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Was it the manager? The gentleman with a beard/goatee?

Nope, I didn't see him. I was speaking with (at) an African-American man, mid-thirties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads