• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Pearl Jam fans here?

gabby11303

Reaction score
No, they haven't broken up. Been a long time fan and still dig them. I have a lot of variety on my ipod, but a ton of PJ because of their live bootlegs. Anyway, they've been a favorite of mine for a while. More so live than studio albums. I thought Ed Ved's Into the Wild soundtrack was great and was lucky enough to see him do a solo show at the Warner Theatre in DC this summer. Been to a ton of live shows including a great one in Philly back in Oct 2005 and at the Borgata two nights before that. Sat second row in front of Mike at the 2004 Reading, Pa. VFC show. Wish I would have went to Bonnaroo this summer to see them. Heard it was great and messed up Kanye West's set.

Anyway, looking forward to the new album. Anybody else. No need for haters to comment.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don't really know 'em, but i like the neil young song where they (at least i think it's them) play w/ him - 'downtown'?

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
don't really know 'em, but i like the neil young song where they (at least i think it's them) play w/ him - 'downtown'?

"I Got ID" is with NY. You can hear his sound clearly in the chord progression.

Been a fan from the early 90's when I saw them at the first lalapalooza show. Seen them a few times since, with the latest being in 03 in Irvine.

I'd have to go with No Code as fav album.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big fan of their music. I try to catch them anytime they are in LA.

Yield and Riot Act are my favorites.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
"I Got ID" is with NY. You can hear his sound clearly in the chord progression.

Been a fan from the early 90's when I saw them at the first lalapalooza show. Seen them a few times since, with the latest being in 03 in Irvine.

I'd have to go with No Code as fav album.

nope - this is what i was thinking of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngoFX...eature=related

gabby11303

Reaction score
They did do downtown with Neil Young. Neil Young had a cd called Mirrorball that some guys in PJ played with him. Neil Young played with PJ on the Merkinball single that had I got ID and Long Road.

Yield is my favorite. I'll tell you what though, they have had some great B sides through the years that could have made the albums, but didn't. Sad (Lost Dogs/Binaural out take), Fatal, Down, I got ID, footsteps are a few.

No Code is another favorite. I love the way Sometimes starts it and then Hail,Hail kicks you in the face. Guitar tone is great on that song and one of my favorite rhythm tones ever. Off He goes is one of my favorite live tracks. For a band that has been around so long they still go out and put on a great live show. You get your money worth. Usually 25-30 songs, 2 plus hours, different set list every night which is great since you don't know what's coming. I love some of the covers that they do, especially Ed's solo warm ups before the opening bands.

brlfvr

Reaction score
Never bought a record but have huge respect for the way they've managed their career on their terms.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I can't see it at work but I assume it's "something in the Free World"?

that's "rockin' in the free world", which is what all the live YT stuff is. i think this is an album cut w/ a still pix for the 'video'

Crooow

Reaction score
Fan since I first saw them perform "Jeremy" on the MTV Video Music Awards. Not only did I love the music, but I was blown away by the sheer intensity of the performance. Since then, I've seen them 16 times all over the country (from the West Coast to West Palm Beach, Chicago to Madison Square Garden), and have often planned trips around out-of-town concerts. That includes the time I got up early in the morning in Tampa, flew across the country to Seattle, and stood for 5 hours outside in freezing drizzle to get into a special warm-up show at the ShowBox back in 2003; or the infamous Ice-Bowl night outside at Alpine Valley in 2000 (which, for a Floridian, was much more extreme for me than most of the fans around me). As someone else mentioned, not only do I love the music, but I have respect for the way they have done things on their own terms. Much like Neil Young, they make albums solely for themselves, but perform live shows solely for their fans.
smile.gif

gabby11303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crooow
Fan since I first saw them perform "Jeremy" on the MTV Video Music Awards. Not only did I love the music, but I was blown away by the sheer intensity of the performance.

Since then, I've seen them 16 times all over the country (from the West Coast to West Palm Beach, Chicago to Madison Square Garden), and have often planned trips around out-of-town concerts. That includes the time I got up early in the morning in Tampa, flew across the country to Seattle, and stood for 5 hours outside in freezing drizzle to get into a special warm-up show at the ShowBox back in 2000; or the infamous Ice-Bowl night outside at Alpine Valley in 2003 (which, for a Floridian, was much more extreme for me than most of the fans around me).

As someone else mentioned, not only do I love the music, but I have respect for the way they have done things on their own terms. Much like Neil Young, they make albums solely for themselves, but perform live shows solely for their fans.
smile.gif

Cool, the 2000 ice bowl. That looked freezing on the dvd. THe showbox was in 2003 before teh riot act tour. I have the dvd of it and it's pretty cool. I've been to a lot of shows also. Did you go to any of these:

Camden night 1
Merriweather Post Pavilion

Camden nights 1/2
Merriweather

Spectrum Philadelphia
Nissan Pavilion
Camden 1/2
Hershey Park
Holmdel N.J.

Reading, Pa VFC

Borgata night 2
Wachovia Center Philly

Camden night 1/2
Verizon Cener

Camden night 2
Verizon Center
Ed Ved solo Warner Theater

Here's a pic from the Reading show.

007_DR.jpg
[/IMG]

Crooow

Reaction score
Heh, completely mixed up my two dates; thanks for the catch.
smile.gif
Looking at your list, I didn't go to any of those shows. As for the ShowBox DVD, that was the night I was there (they also played the night before); there are several times that I can just be seen in the shadows of the crowd, about 10 feet off the stage on Mike's stage. I was also very lucky to have been at the "Live at the Garden" show, which is hands-down the greatest concert I've ever been to. Something like 95% of the crowd was comprised of 10-club members; as a result, it was deafening, and it was sometimes difficult to hear Eddie over everyone else singing.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the consensus of them releasing a new recording and tour in 2009?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
watching them live when vitalogy just got out was probably the best concert i've seen

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads