1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Any other makers doing the really wide Benigno Rotella lapel?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by erichomme, Oct 15, 2015.

1. erichomme

erichomme New Member

I'm in love with the Benigno Rotella wide lapels. Are any other, easier to find labels doing a look like this?
    [​IMG]

2. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

Mercifully not.

We seem to have a lot of newbies this evening asking silly questions.

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Along with the usual senior member that consistently provides unhelpful responses. Didn't your momma teach you about the "Golden Rule", GBR?

Eric, I don't know of any RTW makers that offer lapels quite that wide. Those things are massive!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  4. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  5. WhereNext

WhereNext Well-Known Member

Doesn't Suit Supply have one or two models that have disproportionately wide lapels? I'm not sure if they're as outsized as those (never seen them in person), but that might be a more easily attainable source if one was looking for such a thing. I think it looks ridiculous, but given the responses from others I get by wearing balmoral boots and pocket squares, perhaps I should mind the lovely glass walls of my house.

6. erichomme

erichomme New Member

Thanks, I'll take a look at Suit Supply -- haven't in awhile.

Actually after posting, I saw an Eidos model that is not as exagerated but def. has a wider lapel. I'm not even sure I would want one quite as wide as the Rotella, but I like the idea of a wider lapel after all the mass market "skinny"stuff around these days.