1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any other Edmontonians here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FidelCashflow, Jan 4, 2009.

1. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Thought I'd toss another tailoring option out there, Raymond's Mens Wear and Tailoring up on the north side on 137 Ave in the big row of mini malls and box stores near the St Albert Trail. The selection of suits etc there is 'meh', although methinks that's just out of necessity to appeal to your average badly dressed Edmontonian.

But the gem is his tailoring. He does exactly what you ask for, the finished work is top notch and he works very fast (and his rates are very reasonable). He's also a pretty well dressed dude by SF standards (the couple times I've gone in he's always wearing a nicely fitted glen plaid suit) which in my mind means he appreciates well tailored clothing.

Since I moved to the north end I don't feel like going all the way downtown to get work done, and this guy is certainly a great replacement (and frankly, I think he does better work then any other place I've been to).

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

Just had a whole bunch of trousers (including a pair of Pantas I grabbed from Ed here) let out a little in the waist, down the seat and a little around the thighs (damn hockey/cycling muscles) at Maggie's on 23rd. Great job on them, very reasonable price.

3. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Just had a whole bunch of trousers (including a pair of Pantas I grabbed from Ed here) let out a little in the waist, down the seat and a little around the thighs (damn hockey/cycling muscles) at Maggie's on 23rd. Great job on them, very reasonable price.
    Yea, I've noticed that Edmonton has a fairly decent number of good tailors kicking around. More then I would have expected.

4. Mal

Mal Active Member

The mosquitoe epidemic is about to make me snap.
    • I take my dog out to piss - I get eaten alive
    • I go through the Tim Horton's drive thru - I get eaten alive
    • I get the mail - I'm eaten alive
    • I'm in my house - I get eaten alive
    Fuck this shit.

This makes me glad I am no longer an Edmontonian (doing my last year of school @ UBC [​IMG]).

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

This makes me glad I am no longer an Edmontonian (doing my last year of school @ UBC [​IMG]).

Have you enjoyed UBC? I'm moving to Vancouver in a month to attend classes in the fall.

6. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I received the grenadine swatch set from Sam Hober yesterday, so if any of you want to take a look at it, just let me know and we can work something out.

7. Unregistered

I'm interested mate! When are you free mostly?

I've started my position now, so no more free days like I used to have... 8-4 job is nice though :)

How are the swatches? Any must-buys?

8. oatway

oatway New Member

Hi guys, I'm brand new to the forum, but noticed this thread and had to post - I'm from St. Albert. So far I've just been reading threads and learning how much I don't know.

9. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I'm in St. Albert, too, oatway. Welcome to Style Forum!

Unregistered... yeah, that burnt orange cashmere swatch looks fantastic, so I'll definitely be ordering one of those. The grenadines themselves are great, too. Really handy to have the swatches in person for color purposes.

10. Unregistered

I'd reply to your PM, but I thought it'd be useful out here for people to make some time with you mate!

What times are you around Jasper? I get off work at the Misericordia at 4:15 so I could make it there by about 4:45 or so any weekday!

11. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I'm on Jasper either 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm most days (with the latter more common than the former), so we could meet up somewhere around 5 for a beer, perhaps. That would work out great. Pick the day; I'm there. (Except for Wednesdays, on which I play soccer, so I need to get back to St. Albert ASAP.)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  12. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

Hey guys;

I'm new to the site. Good to see Edmonton being represented well!

13. Unregistered

Welcome to SF! Are you an Edmontonian yourself?

14. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

Yes I am. I'm located far South East.

I was looking through threads and found mention of a tailor "Maggie M" just off 23rd Ave. Does anybody have experience with her? I'm looking for a tailor in the South.

15. Unregistered

Yup, I just had a bunch of trousers done by her. Opened up from waist all the way down the seat to let them out. Did a great job.

16. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I debated whether to take this to PM or not, but like our friend mentioned above, there's no need to be exclusive.

I've been chatting with gfreeman a bit in private about meeting up for beers and a quick glance at some fabrics. We may as well plan this all together if possible. It sounds like there will be at least 3 of us to start.

I'm now on holidays and thus am very flexible with scheduling. Let's pick a day and make something happen.

...sounds like we'll be downtown. I'll let Unregistered chime in, but really we should just settle on a place (Zinc? Red Star? Tres Carnales?) perhaps a week or so in advance and see who shows up. It would be nice to get Stazy out before he leaves for the left coast; I know he'd like to make the get-together if at all possible.

While we're at it, where the heck has someotherstyle been lately? Hit us up buddy!

(I can't stress how ridiculous it feels typing out everyone's screen names when I could be using real names, but for the sake of anonymity, I figure this is "proper". Agree?)

17. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I work next door to Tres Carnales, and it's fantastic. That place gets my vote.

18. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Works for me. My lady is obsessed with that place; she'll be jealous.

19. Unregistered

Ooooh I just texted you gfreeman.

Notreknip I was planning to see if tomorrow works, but if we want to do a get together, even better! I'm definitely up for it.

I finally started my internship, so I'm doing 8 - 4:30 weekdays out by WEM. Any evening works for me apart from Wed. (I still have my part time job!)

someotherstyle did mention a hiatus a few pages back I believe. I definitely do miss him. Ran into him at my filosophy a while ago!

Stazy, we should meet up and discuss bespoke ties, followed by bicycles :happy:

I love get togethers! And we need to get that dinner club going.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  20. Unregistered

gfreeman and I will be at Tres Carnales tomorrow (Friday) at 5. Anyone and everyone welcome!