Any other Edmontonians here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FidelCashflow, Jan 4, 2009.

1. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

I was at the Winners on Calgary trail on Thursday night and they had 2 Belstaff leather jackets in a greeny/black colour for 600 bucks each. One was a panther and the other was a similar style without the belt. Both were large. Large is a bit snug on me- a very small large, I would say.

Anyhow, thought somebody here may like to know.

2. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

Anyone know what time the Gravity Pope outlet sale starts tomorrow?

3. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

4. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

Line up of over 100 people at 2:00 and about as many at 4:30 too. Needles to say, I did not check it out.

5. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Tell me about it. I would've never thought it'd be even close to that busy. I drove by, sniffled (apparently, as per the video), chuckled, and kept on driving. If I was smart, I would've stopped by the real store and asked for an insider scoop on anything good. I might head back tonight to check the line. Really, I have pretty low expectations. I would take any PS footwear (especially boots) or any Quoddy classics in the 8.5-9 US range, but I somehow doubt the value of any of these things would dip to the "near or below cost" level. PS - How the heck can I rotate that video? New phone, new to this whole "u-toob" thing too.

6. Mal

Mal Active Member

I was there at the end of the day, but all the shoes were casual stuff like Converse/Vans. Nothing really special.

I ended up buying a Paul Smith sweater, and there was a little bit of clothing that was nice but not in my size. Definitely worthwhile to check out if you are an average sized guy (Medium/Large).

Unless it was waaaaay better earlier in the day I doubt it was worth waiting in line otherwise, certainly not for the shoes.

7. someotherstyle

someotherstyle Senior member

anyone up for an impromptu SF meet this thurs or fri night?

8. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

Anybody know anybody that wants Grey Cup tickets? I have 4, will sell as pairs, aisle seats, section I, row 20. $550 each.

Let me know.

9. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I could make something work on Friday mid-to-late evening. Thursday would be tough but if it were the only option, then sure. I think 3 should be considered our quorum; who else is in?

10. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Anybody know anybody that wants Grey Cup tickets? I have 4, will sell as pairs, aisle seats, section I, row 20. $550 each.

Let me know.

I'm so tempted. But I'm a very poor student despite my attempts on here to fake otherwise.

If the price drops at all, let me know. Afterall, I'm a Saskatchewanian. [​IMG]

11. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

Notreknip, give me an offer. Face value is a bit south of 300. I think 285 or something with tax. Let me know ASAP. I am subscribed to this thread so should get notice to my phone.

12. someotherstyle

someotherstyle Senior member

Fri, 7:30 at the mac I can do - can anyone other than notreknip and myself do it? Otherwise we can just call it another day.

13. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I'm in a seminar until 7:30 or 8 on campus. Perhaps we should reschedule?

14. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

I saw more Belstaff at South side winners. A couple of nice leathers and some not so nice other materials. Nobody is excited about this? Size large was just a bit small for me.

15. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I saw more Belstaff at South side winners. A couple of nice leathers and some not so nice other materials. Nobody is excited about this? Size large was just a bit small for me.

Hews, I did go check out the original two jackets a few days after you mentioned them. The longer one (I think it is the very popular one) was nice and heavy, just didn't fit my style. It was also a bit big on me. The shorter "riding" jacket fit me much better, but still didn't justify $500 (or whatever) in my eyes. I'd rather have a ToJ made to fit me.

Thanks for the heads up though. The south Winners is definitely the best in this city; besides that location I don't even bother walking in anymore to be honest. The Winners in Saskatoon are just pitiful.