Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any other Edmontonians here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FidelCashflow, Jan 4, 2009.

1. unjung

unjung Senior member

I am not scheduled that far in advance. Pick a date and I will try to make it.

2. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Was anyone else at the great big sea concert last night?

That's probably the only really good part about living in Edmonton, so many good bands come here. I'm running out of money trying to keep up.

3. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Was anyone else at the great big sea concert last night? That's probably the only really good part about living in Edmonton, so many good bands come here. I'm running out of money trying to keep up.
    [​IMG] ...in other news Gravity Pope is apparently opening an "outlet" store in Edmonton. Surprised me for sure. They are looking for employees; as much as I'd be theoretically overqualified, I was tempted. Apparently opening up November 11 or something like that. Where, I don't know.

4. springer23

springer23 Active Member

[​IMG]

...in other news Gravity Pope is apparently opening an "outlet" store in Edmonton. Surprised me for sure. They are looking for employees; as much as I'd be theretically overqualified, I was tempted.

Apparently opening up November 11 or something like that. Where, I don't know.

They leased out the old le chateau on whyte ave. They're just working on setting up the utilities according to the sales rep at Gravity. According to Ari they'll be running the outlet shop for a month straight instead of their 3 day warehouse sales.

5. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

[​IMG]

Well, good bands as far as I'm concerned. There's been a whole bunch of groups I like come through this city since I moved here.

6. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

Was anyone else at the great big sea concert last night?

That's probably the only really good part about living in Edmonton, so many good bands come here. I'm running out of money trying to keep up.

I was super interested had it been at a different venue. GBS is a general admission floor show. Get up near the stage and jump around a little. Definitely nothing something I'm interested in buying a seat for.

7. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Well, good bands as far as I'm concerned. There's been a whole bunch of groups I like come through this city since I moved here.

No worries bud. I'm sure you'd [​IMG] at my music-of-choice as well.

It's not even that GBS is a "bad" band per se; it's more that I could never consider them hard to track down - they seem like the kind of band that would travel to Moose Jaw for somebody's uncle's 50th birthday party or something.

No offense.

Now explain to me good ol' Saskatoon gets an Arcade Fire show and Edmonton doesn't... [​IMG]

8. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Now explain to me good ol' Saskatoon gets an Arcade Fire show and Edmonton doesn't... [​IMG]
    It's retarded.

9. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

It's not even that GBS is a "bad" band per se; it's more that I could never consider them hard to track down - they seem like the kind of band that would travel to Moose Jaw for somebody's uncle's 50th birthday party or something.

No offense.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

In a way I agree, however I like those 'drunk guys at a kitchen party' kind of bands (I'm pretty sure they were half in the bag by the end of the show anyways). And they do play shows in the most obscure locations (Grand Cache, for example).

I was super interested had it been at a different venue. GBS is a general admission floor show. Get up near the stage and jump around a little. Definitely nothing something I'm interested in buying a seat for.

Agree again. The Jubilee is a nice venue, but it would have been better as, like you said, a floor show without seats. Hell, it would have been best if they held it at a decent sized pub (keeping it traditional and all that stuff).

I wish the Dropkick Murphys would come back...I missed their show here last year. [​IMG]

10. thisnewpuritan

thisnewpuritan Member

No worries bud. I'm sure you'd [​IMG] at my music-of-choice as well.

No offense.

probably because they played in calgary. edmonton definitely needs better shows.

11. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Okay this is a shot in the dark...

I've got 2 oiler tickets for sale for tonights game..Row Five, Section 120, club seats located just to the left of the opposition's bench. They're priced at $251.50 each will sell for $150 each.

12. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

This thread provides me with much unintentional lulz.

13. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

This thread provides me with much unintentional lulz.
    That means you'll buy my tickets right?

14. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

If I wasn't working tonight I'd buy them, Stazy. If you need to get rid of tickets in the future, just let me know.

15. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

If I wasn't working tonight I'd buy them, Stazy. If you need to get rid of tickets in the future, just let me know.
    Will do! I got rid of these already but I have tickets somewhat regularily.